How accurate is your Ping with remaining insulin?

My pump got here today and what a HUUUUGE difference. I had not realized how much my pump had lost it’s umph. The screen is SOO MUCH BRIGHTER that I can actually see it again and the buzzing sound of it is much lower than my old one. When packing it up to ship back the compartment really smells like insulin bad. I will watch for lows with the new one now. My supplies came too today so I am all set. :slight_smile:

It states that on the instruction sheet that comes with the infusion sets. I’m very unmechanical so for the first 6 weeks I followed the directions exactly step by step and it said to prime 5 drops. Then someone on here said, as you did, that it’s only necessary to see some insulin. So now I try to do it as fast as possible as well.

Oh ok. :o) Well I guess I just told on myself that I have never ever read the instructions ha ha ha OOOPSY!!! I am a hands on person and I do believe the first time I looked at the pics to put it together but that was it. :o)

I think we all waste way too much insulin anyway with the sets and what is left. No need to do more. One of the great things I like about the ping is the small reservoir. I aslo had the 522MM that only had 160 if I remember correctly. Anytime I have ever been on a pump that carried more than 300 units I would only fill it half way b/c my insulin goes bad before I use it. Just trying to conserve I guess…

Checked on my new one at set change and it was dead on. :o)