How did you start on your Dexcom?

I couldn’t wait for a trainer. I watched the DVD several times and took it slow when i did the first insert. Just make sure to pull the collar back till it clicks before detaching the inserter or you’ll waste a sensor. I did. The rest I read and learned from you guys. It’s been a full year now and I dont know what i did without it.

I read the manual, watched the videos…and learned some important details on accurate calibration and other key issues from the many experienced Dexcom users who populate this group!

All on my own. Spoke with a Dex rep over the phone and she said to call if I had any questions or problems but I had no problem getting it up and running on my own. Watched the video and read through the book.

My CNE had the rep come in to show us both how it works. It was a big plus, she told me alot about things that arent incuded in the DVD or manuals!

My endo made an appt for the 30th in his office to meet with a Dex rep. Hope this one isn’t as painful as the MM was, and the tape sticks.

I have had no pain and the tape has been good, but some added Flexifix will help tons.

Emla cream. It is Lidocaine and Prilocaine 30 mg tube. A little goes a long way. Be sure to clean the Site before putting on the sensor. Only do the area where the needle/cannula will be. Really helps !!