How do I do this?!?

This is my first foray into the world of blogging. I have really enjoyed reading others' blogs and I'm afraid my life will seem pretty boring in comparison! I'm a fifty year old mother of three. My husband and I will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in November. It seems like just yesterday that we were high school sweeties! Emily, our eldest, was just married last month. She married a really nice guy who treats her like a queen. Hilary, our middle child is dating a nice guy who she will probably marry in the next couple of years. She is making noises about moving in with him, but we're still praying about that. Geoffrey, our youngest is into alternative rock bands (it's really cool that we like most of the same bands!), girls and guitars.

Hubby works in Myrtle Beach (three hours away) during the week and comes home on the weekends. I've been experiencing a bit of 'empty nest syndrome' lately and was thrilled to find TuDiabetes! We are also the proud parents of sixteen cats (at last count), 2 dogs and a brand spankin new litter of puppies. We live in the country just south of Columbia, the capital.

I am fortunate that my job is also my passion. I'm a child passenger safety instructor. The short explanation is that I teach law enforcement, firefighters, EMS and anybody else who's interested how to inspect car seats for correct usage and installation and also how to help parents understand the correct way to use them. We actually had a lady tell us that she didn't need to use a child restraint because she drove a Volvo??? Another lady refused to let us fasten the seat belt around her child restraint because she was worried about damaging the leather in her vehicle??? Some people have pretty interesting priorities.

I had gestational diabetes with all three pregnancies. Emily was 10 pounds, Hilary was 10 pounds, 6 ounces and Geoffrey was our little Christmas Turkey at 12 pounds, 3 ounces! Thank God for c-sections! About three months after Geoffrey was born, the symptoms came back. I've been using a Minimed Paradigm 715 for the last two years and I love it! It's made a huge difference in my control!

I'm still trying to figure out this social networking thing. It's all pretty new to me.