How do you sleep at night?

I wore a CGM once for six days and I remember being careful about it, but since my pump could move easily where it was clipped, I just adjusted the pump. I often move the pump if I start to sleep on it cause I think it is bulky and uncomfortable there and I always start on my side. As I recall, the CGM has to be a certain distance from the pump to work properly with the radio waves, too, so I didn’t put them too close together. (I think it was an inch apart. Also, don’t forget to use a cell phone a foot away from the CGM if you are using a Medtronic Minimed pump and CGM as the cell phone interferes with the radio transmissions.) It’s funny, I was just thinking a few days ago, about other places to wear my infusion sets because for five years now, I’ve always used my abdomen! Hope you have better sleep nights from now on… ;~)

I have my pump inserted in my butt cheek and my CGM on the side of my abdomen. So I can sleep on the other side. If I wear them on opposite sides, the pump constantly looses the signal from my CGM…it’s rather annoying.

i wear my pod on my arm more often than not, i find it a huge aggravation. i sleep all over the place (on my bed, not geographically) so i constantly find myself lying on my pod, that wakes me up, not much else ever does…

I have used a MM infusion set on one side of my stomach with a MM CGM on the other and both are comfortable enough for me to sleep on my stomach. My biggest problem is the pump falling out of my pocket and getting all wrapped around me.

Funny story! I had a dream that I was at a concert and there was a kid tugging on my tubing and would not let go. Even after I said “hey kid, quit pulling!!!” He just kept looking at me and laughing in my dream. I woke up and my pump and fallen out of my pocket and gotten wrapped around my back and was pulling pretty tightly at my infusion sight! Sheesh!!!

I have been clipping my pump to my underwear (right under my belly button) at night using the holster clip (I only use my abdomen for pump insertion sites). Tonight I will try for the first time to sleep using the very expensive KPP boxers that have a leg pocket for the pump. I’ve been wearing them all day for trial and so far they seem great (I even had a few moments were I panicked because I thought I had left my pump unhooked after my shower).

As for the CGM that’s where I too have trouble with sleeping. I use my upper legs for the sensor and it’s hit and miss. Some sites don’t hurt at all when I sleep on them and others send shock waves of pain through my leg like it’s pulling on a nerve or something. Sometimes a sensor won’t hurt for a few nights and then start hurting the rest, and other times it will hurt the first 2-3 days and then quit. I wish I could offer you some helpful advice but unfortunately I am looking for that advice myself.

I just started pumping a few weeks ago and haven’t noticed that it has made a difference in how I sleep. I hook the pump on my pajama pants.

I wear a pouch around my neck that I put my pump in.

i honestly dont know how i can stand it sometimes lol.
I will either have it clipped on the side opposite of which i sleep on, or sometimes i’ll just unclip it from my waistband and let it lay by my side.

i get tons of questions about how i can sleep with it on.
Alot of times i’ll wake up and my headphones and tubing will be all tangled together, usually wrapped around my waist lol. :smiley:

I have both the OmniPod and a CGM. I’ve found with the OmniPod I am able to sleep however I want, but I did also at one time the the Deltec Cozmo and as someone who used to sleep on my stomach found myself having to sleep on my side! The CGM site doesn’t really bother me but with the freedom of having No wires with the OmniPod where i can place it anywhere hasn’t bothered me!!! It’s great to be wireless!!

I have been pumping for years and have always slept on my stomach. I recently tried a cgm and had no problems sleeping on my stomach.

I sleep on my side. If I feel pressure on the CGM or pump site, I may roll slightly to take the pressure off. I’ve not noticed any issues with my BGs.

Every time I see this question, I first read it as an accusation, as in, “How can you possibly sleep at night, considering all the horrible things you’ve done?” :).

Anyway, when I was on the pump, I always tried to wear something with pockets, and I’d just stick it in there. Of course, it often fell out, but, so long as I was asleep, I didn’t really notice.

I have been pumping for 2 years and sometimes use the cgm and I have never had a problem sleeping. I lay my pump beside me when I go to bed and then toss and turn all night and when I wake up it will be all tangled in the covers and around me. I am a heavy sleeper and move all the time and I have never had anything yank out. I do ocasionally wake up with a knot in my back from laying on my pump all night. :confused:

I have worn a pump for 8 years and have never had a problem sleeping with it. I just toss it off to the side.

I had the CGM on for 6 days, along with my pump on the other side. Honestly I didnt even notice the CGM. I am a crazy sleeper (i have woken up with my infusion set out) and mostly sleep on my sides and stomach. I didnt have a problem at all with it.