How does it feel?

How does it feel to have diabetes and does it make you different from other people. it makes me feel so loney but i now im not fighting this disease so i rather have this than anything else…

I refuse to let it make me feel any different. I am the same guy I was before my diagnosis. I am sharp witted and a smart mouth. My attitude is pretty much, …“no matter what it throws at me, I WILL STILL BE A PAIN IN THE ■■■!”…:slight_smile:

Well, now at age 55 most of my friends are beginning to be challenged by creaks and groans and other health problems brought on by aging. For me, with 35 years of db under my belt, I can adapt to these changes without a lot of fuss. If health problems present themselves, you deal with them u front and then move on.
In my 20’s and 30’s I felt very very different. And yes, lonely. DB can be a very isolating disease.

being in my early 20s and the only one i know w/ T1 i feel lonely all the time. there’s no one i can relate too face to face. TuD has been my saving grace w/ my diabetes management! I am different from other people… i am ME, diabetes and all!

In a sense, I feel stronger. But a lot of times I feel frustrated. But I feel like I am finally getting used to it.

What doesn’t kill me makes me stronger . . .