How does one "trial" a brand?

So, as I have said before, I currently have the minimed cgm and am very unhappy. I’ve read on here that different people “trialed” brands before choosing dexcom or navigator. Dexcom has said they don’t do “trials” — so when you say you have trialed a brand what does that mean? I don’t want to commit to a different brand before trying the other two. Advice from any “trialers”?

I think that, maybe, the way in which you asked Dexcom “Do you offer trials?” left out what really happens:

The don’t send one to you “for trial” before you pay them. YOU HAVE TO BUY IT. But after you buy it, I’m pretty sure that they still give you 30 days in which you can return it for a full refund. So your “try it out” costs are only for the Sensors you actually used – everything else is returnable.

At least, that’s how it was when I purchased Dexcom. (GET THIS CONFIRMED BEFORE ORDERING, IT MAY HAVE CHANGED.) I know that Abbott behaves like Minimed: once you buy it, you’re stuck with it. (Like it or not, it’s yours.)

Many higher-quality Endo practices also have actual “trial” units available for loan to their Pts. My Endo practice offers this, you might consider a bit of ‘Endo Shopping’.