How fast does your lancing device wear out?

Well, then I’ll definitely consider switching lancing devices. I’m fed up with that Microlet thing.

The only one I’ve actually worn out was the super cheesy miniature one that came with the true2go meter… Wore out the latch so that it wouldn’t stay cocked after a couple months. I really wish someone made a high quality miniature one because I really like to minimize the amount of junk I tote around.

I haven’t used any of the ones mentioned above, but I like the nipro truedraw considerable better than I like the other cheapos I’ve used. I change lancets approximately weekly.

@Jen the only Multiclix I’ve ever seen have all been blue, and the only Fastclix I’ve seen have been black. Like @David_dns, I’ll never use another one. or at least I don’t plan on it.

Well, yes, since I’ve started using the Multiclix in 2008 or so, I’ve done the same. But before that, I tended to switch to whichever device my meter used. Especially when I went from lancing devices that had a “depth” setting that consisted of using a cap with a big hole or a small hole to a lancing device that had an actual knob you could turn to change the depth—that was so high tech at the time!

I have a Contour Next USB and a Multiclix (and keep my strips in a OneTouch container!) for my main meter kit. Then as my backup I have a Softclix and a Contour Next.

My Multiclix is black. But I do recall an older version of the Multiclix that I had at first was blue and white (then I got the black one with a meter and liked its colour scheme better).

1 Like

I go for a balanced approach for lancet changes. I change when the season does.

I have a black multiclix I’ve been using over three years now. Started when I switched to the spirit combo pump.

I checked my BG today and the lancet stuck in my finger it was so dull.

You simply MUST remember to change your lancet when you change the batteries in your smoke alarm! Or did you forget to do that, too? :wink:

When I think of changing batteries, the first image that comes to mind is somewhat more risqué. But your version is PG-13, so best to leave it there . . .

3 to 4 months my will wear out. i ues the Bayer’s Microlet, i have ues FastClix, did not like, but i hate everything diabetes right now,. better off-being dead,.

ive used fastclix since t1d 4 years ago and its still working. i really like it.

I have to admit that lancing devices scare the crap out of me. It’s the click, or something… I just poke myself with a lancet. Maybe I should switch, but I’m a chicken butt.

Actually, most of the time I don’t even feel it. but I understand the fear. the few times I’ve had to lance myself without a device were far and away more painful.

There is another option, the Genteel device. TuDiabetes staffers tried this and reported glowingly of the comfort. We had an interview with the inventor of it here, and he showed everyone exactly how it works.

A flashlight perhaps?

Unbelievable, the spring in the Microlet must be much weaker compared to other devices. No surprise that the insurance doesn’t cover lancing devices that often.

P.S. The insurance doesn’t cover much of anything that often. Not without a fight.

1 Like

you are joking! the nurse does it without a lancig device and i jump out of my skin!

1 Like

Hmm. I was going to let this sleeping dog lie, but my curiosity will not pipe down. I just gotta know. What’s risqué about a flashlight (Or “torch” for those in the UK) ?

@pancreaswanted @MarieB I think it’s the anticipation that scares me, it just makes me so nervous - whereas if I do it myself, I know exactly what to expect. I don’t know, though, maybe it’s time to grow up and just try the lancing device.

1 Like