How long before you got pregnant?

One of my (non-D) friends went off birth control and was pregnant before her first period came. So never say never!

It took me 3 years to get pregnant and several failed rounds of fertility drugs. I finally got pregnant after my diabetes was correctly diagnosed as LADA and I was started on insulin. The month I started insulin I got pregnant it was obviously the cause of my infertility journey.

We tried for the first time on vacation and got pregnant right away (maybe that’s the key?). But I totally understand worrying about staying in control before you get pregnant, that was my big fear at first. Now I’m 8 weeks and my fear is getting to the end of the first trimester. I think as women and diabetics, it’s our nature to worry about EVERYTHING. Just take it one day at a time and enjoy it, it’ll happen before you know it. :slight_smile:

Thank you! I know I need to relax :-s!!! But I am so happy to hear other people going through the same and feeling what I am feeling! It does make me feel so much better. Thanks for your reply!!! :slight_smile: and good luck on your pregnancy!!! so excited to hear your story!!! I am sure everything will be fine with your baby!!! :smiley: