How many years have you had diabetes?

I was 8, and I just turned 49 so 41 years for me. I have been saying 40 years, but I guessed it changed now. ;).

Letā€™s seeā€¦ ~700 membersā€¦ accumulated time? maybe 7500 years?..

40 years using insulin, as of Oct 2006

5 months, same as Chloe, we were diagnosed within a day of each other.

37 years nowā€¦ when I was diagnosed, I was told by docs and family I wouldnā€™t live to 40ā€¦ I kinda forgot to save for retirement until I hit 35 and realizedā€¦ ummmā€¦ maybe itā€™d be a good idea! :slight_smile: I credit long good health to stubborness, creativity, and a lucky draw on the genetic sideā€¦ (Now almost-49, no complications other than creaky joints :slight_smile:

I was dxd (T1) in October of 1976 at the age of 2- so thatā€™s almost 31 years now,
my daughter was dxd (T1) in November of 1998 at the age of 5- 9 years coming up for her,
my brother was dxd (T1) in 1994 at the age of 32,
my sister was dxd (T1) in 1985 at the age of 22,
and my father was dxd (T2) in 1999 at the age of 62

This Halloween, it will be 36 years and countingā€¦yeah for me

June 22, 2007. 54 days.

October 8, 1994. Soā€¦ 12 and a half yearsā€¦ish. I have recently passed the point where I can say "more than half my life.

June 22 of 2003. 4 years +.

2 months. NEWBIE!

16 years today!

I was diagnosed in 2000 (type 1). My sister (seven years my senior, also a type 1) was diagnosed in 1973.

Happy (NOT) Anniversary :frowning:

I have had type 1 34 grand years, got it at 15 and now Iā€™m 49. I still hanging in there.

Andy

Kevin, we r close, Iā€™ve had it 34 yrs, type1

I have been diabetic for 14 years (type 1). I am glad now I have the cgms.

T1 26yrs now and still learning about it. Back to carb counting at the moment in the hope it will help me get funding for a pump.

31 years with T1DM as of July.

Did they ever tell you or your parents that you would never live to see 30? Well I hit that one and will turn 45 my next birthday! Na-na-na! HA!

I was diagnosed in 1998, so that is 9 years.

However, I was told I was ā€œpre-diabeticā€ in 1977 after a glucose tolerance test when I weighed 108 lbs. That was before the establishment of official ADA diagnostic criteria, so I have no idea what the blood sugar was. In my research I learned that back in those days people were getting diagnosed with full fledged diabetes with 2 hr glucose tolerance test blood sugars from 160-225 depending on their doctorā€™s personal choice of which of many different criteria to use.

I had my first diabetic pregnancy in 1982 when I was quite thin, too.