How often do you check your meter?

I think I may have found the answer to the question I just posed! In the test strip package insert for my Accu-Chek Aviva test strips, it says: "The Accu-Chek Aviva Plus system is plasma calibrated to allow easy comparison of results with laboratory methods." I wonder if all of today's meters work this way.

I'm changing endos and my new endo is part of a diabetes education center that has an in-house lab. I asked the center administrator if I could get a glucose test every three months so I could compare my meters with their lab standard. She said that's OK. I'll be checking my meters against the lab soon.

Your meter is giving you a plasma BG reading you just need to decide if it is close enough to your lab results that you are comfortable enough to dose insulin. If your not satisfied with the results call the meter company and ask for a new one. I know my meters are never going to match my lab test or each other so my only requirement is that they give results slightly lower than my lab tests..

Thanx for doing that homework. I use the same meter you do, so this is very good to know. I will be checking it against the lab routinely in future.