How to control Diabetic?

Hello brothers,

I am newbie here. I would like to know how to control diabetic. My mother is suffering over 2 years. So, she is really unhappy with this diabetic.

Do you have any ideas how to control this?

Sorry your mother has diabetes and is suffering with it. There are many on this forum who will try to help. But to really help, we would need many more details. What medications is your mother taking? What is her doctor recommending? What is working or not working? How well is she able to control blood sugars?

There are no magic solutions that will apply to everyone. The best we can do is to apply changes in diet, exercise, medications and lifestyle. And it takes some time to find the right combination that will work for each of us. Let us know more about your mother’s situation and we’ll try to help!

Hi Lokesh, and welcome to TuDiabetes. Sorry your mom’s joined the club… but in a little time, she CAN get her BG (Blood Glucose) under control. The reason you’ll see references to diet and exercise is that BG is raised by the foods we eat that get converted to glucose (a simple type of sugar, and the only kind our bodies’ cells can use for fuel), so limiting those foods - which means ALL carbohydrates (of which sugars are the simplest types) is the first way to reduce BG levels. Exercise is good because it improves cellular sensitivity to insulin. Insulin’s job is to transfer glucose from the bloodstream into the body’s cells… but in T2 (Type 2 diabetes) it doesn’t work efficiently - so too much glucose gets “left behind” in the bloodstream. Any kind of physical activity improves cellular response to insulin - so that’s why it’s important to be physically active. Exercise will also “burn off” BG… but it’s main value is improving cellular response to insulin.

As DiabetesOldie noted… everyone is different, and needs to find their own workable management regimen. The best way to do that is with her BG meter. By testing before and after meals, she can see what different combinations of foods, and carb quantities, do to her BG. Here’s a link to a page that addresses that:
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com.au/2006/10/test-review-adjust.html

And here’s another link that provides more generalised suggestions on everything T2:
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/2006/10/d-day.html

So… diet and exercise are the key starting points. You don’t mention any meds… but if she’s using any (the usual first-line med is metformin), it’s important to understand that they all require the use of diet and exercise to be effective anyway. In short… T2 is NOT a “take a pill and you’ll be fine” kind of disease - active management is the key to living a long and healthy life with any form of diabetes.

Good luck, and stay well!

w.

Thank you so much guys for your reply. I hope this could be helpful for my mother. I will surely try for it. lol