How to get extra lifetime from a sensor / How to fix a new injected bad sensor

I've removed this for reasons of safety.

It's all about making sure the contact between the sensor and the transmitter is good. After a while it gets dirty and loose. So cleaning and reconnecting can do wonders.

Just a note regarding safety. It has never been recommended to remove the transmitter without first removing the entire sensor. The reason being it greatly increases the risk of the sensor wire breaking off below skin level.

Thank you for posting this, I'd love to try it but I'm not sure I fully understand. You said, "Twist the contact plate in as much that it jumps out of the bracket." Which bracket is this? Is the sensor actually two pieces so you can separate the bottom from the sides? Also, if the sensor wire breaks how can you make sure it still is connected with the necessary contacts on the sensor and transmitter? Thanks!

The sensor wire is so thin, I'm having a hard time imagining being able to push it back in once it's been pulled out. Are you really pushing it in or just wiggling it around? (I wrote a post on that a couple of weeks ago, how I've managed to extend my sensor life a bit just by pulling it out a cm or so.)

Yes, it has two parts - the bracket(frame) with it's adhesive and the contact plate with the stucking sensor wire. The plate is mounted by two plastic nipples.
By twisting it in, the nipple will jump off the hole (frame hole) and then you can wiggle it in and out as you said 1cm. That's right. Do not pull it out completely - just pull & push (wiggle) a little bit.
Then you have to modify the wire that the sensor's end position is a little bit higher in the hole of your meat. I have managed this with a sidepush of a screwdriver. Then the wire has a kink and when you catch the plate back into the frame, you will see the jammed wire-kink through the plate. Then you can be sure that the sensor position (wire's end) is higher than before.

Thanks! My current sensor is in my arm so there's no way I'll be able to do this, but I'll use my belly for my next site and try it! Let us know how well it works if you try it again. :)

we find a similar result to this. Quite often at about day 7 or 8, we start to see a lot of ??? readings. I don't think it's generally the contact between the transmitter and the sensor, I think it's more to do with how the body is coping with the sensor filament.

I think his flesh is "healing" around the sensor filament, and that is messing with the access of the interstitial fluid to the sensor.

So the last few times I started wiggling the sensor. Also a bit of a pinch of the flesh under the sensor and roll fingers back and forth to break the healing around the sensor. I don't know if it's such a great idea to pull in and out - not because of possibly breaking the filament (it's very flexible and I think it won't break) but because of introducing bacteria into the hole causing infection.