How to wear your pump in the hospital?

Question for those of you who kept your pumps on during delivery (or those of you who plan to do this)- Where did you actually wear your pump? On normal days I keep mine clipped to the waistband of my pants. Obviously this is not an option during delivery of a baby, so I’m wondering where you actually put the thing while in the hospital, assuming it is still attached to you throughout labor and delivery?
Thanks!

I just laid mine beside me in bed. It stayed there fine, I had easy access to it to see my blood sugar readings with the cgms and if I needed to change anything on it.

I’m not pregnant, but I have thought about this. I’m thinking I will wear a sports bra or a cami of some sort and clip it to the straps. Maybe?

I wore mine on my arm in an MP3 player case. You can see it here.

I had my infusion site on my hip and then wore a sports bra to clip my pump. My CGM was in my upper butt/lower back and my husband held the receiver in his pocket or I had it on the pillow next to my head.

My infusion set was on my upper thigh.

Thanks for the suggestions! I’m only about 21 weeks along, but it was just one of those things that popped into my head. I might have to borrow hubby’s mp3 player case. :slight_smile:

Hey Lauren
I might have a spare pump holder that I’ll bring on Monday night-it fits the pump perfectly and you can put it around your waste (or above your bump) where ever. I’ll see if I can find it, I think I have two of them that I never use but I think would be useful for wearing in labour

I made the mistake of wearing my pump on my right arm and my CGMS sensor on my left - which meant that one of the other needed the blood pressure cuff squeezing it. Ouch. My advice is to just make sure you have one arm free if you’re an arm wearer. :slight_smile:

Cool, thanks Sharon! See you later!

I wish i would have thought about just putting a bra on so that I could clip it to that! I clipped my to the collar of my gown or the pocket if the gown came with it. It was still very inconvenient. I did this with my last two pregnancies (with my second, I wore my own clothes, so I just clipped it the way I normally would).