How useful is an A1C test less than 90 days after the preceding one?

I use the Contour NextLink, which is smaller, like a One Touch UltraMini but, by comparison, the case is UltraCumbersome so I have taken to jamming the NextLink into my UltraMini case to make it less so. To me the issue of meter accuracy is interesting, I’d always like to know what my BG is but, since 1) I test pretty frequently 2) have CGM and 3) testing is sort of like aiming at a moving target, it’s sort of more like “does it cause problems?” and I’ve never perceived any problems from meters, although I’ve only used a few kinds.

The onetouch ultra Mini I have reads higher, and far less consistent than my trustests… It also requires enough blood that I have a significantly harder time filling up a strip and end up wasting a lot of strips… Which was quite stressful to me when I was being rationed strips by an insurance policy… I just decided I was better off to keep the entire ball in my own court and buy for myself the low priced ones I actually like

Thanks for the tips @Sam19! I am mostly motivated by the size of the meters as I find the smaller ones much more convenient for running, partying, etc! I figure that any “off readings” would be consistent enough that I will work the “off” into my schtick and things will turn out ok which, at least so far, has turned out to be the case.

True2go, which uses the true test strips, is the smallest meter on the market… By far actually You can snap it onto the lid of a strip container. I don’t even carry a case anymore, just stuff it right in my pocket. The meter itself is about the size of a stack of 5 quarters.