How's the weather where you are?

Blue skies at this time of the year in our neck of the woods can signify only one thing: the end of the world as we know it.:open_mouth::skull_and_crossbones:

It’s only the end of the world if that big round yellow monster appears in the sky…

Weather report for Blue Mountains in Eastern Oregon now calling for 10 inches of snow! So much for going to Portland, methinks. :crying_cat_face:

Good call. Friend of ours just got home after being trapped in the Gorge for 2 days due to I-84 being closed.

Was going to be down in Wallowa tomorrow, but doing video calls instead…Driving down to La Grande or Joseph from up North is just madness when weather is coming…

Yeah, and it’s coming, all right. Not “supposed” to hit us til tomorrow, but we’re buying our Xmas tree today to be safe.

Yep, we’ve got about 8 inches of snow on the ground with another 3-6 and sub-zero temps to come up here on the Palouse. Going to be a White Christmas for sure this year!

Foggy and overcast all day long today in Memphis. Some cold wind from Canada made it all the way to Dixie. I am wearing my Long Johns. This 40 F / 4 C weather is not my favorite thing about the Xmas season.

. . . AND now we are supposed to get 3 to 5 inches of snow tomorrow. For some people, that’s nothing. For us, it’s substantial.

“Substantial” is an understatement! 1" of snow and our city grinds to a halt! Pretty funny to watch after spending almost a decade in the Midwest where nothing stopped unless there was a blizzard.

Gonna wait till Thursday to decide about our trip to OR. Don’t want to get stuck on I-84!! Snow’s manageable, black ice not so much.

I’ve been in Alaska for 12 years now and am still waiting for school to have a snow day. At my previous house we’ve had upwards of 5 feet of snow in a single storm

Same in Glasgow. We do get snow but nobody here knows how to drive in it.

Currently 11C - light patchy rain.

Well, the forecast was accurate, for a change. It really is snowing.

…and my sure-fire strategy has failed. I went and got the snow shovel out of storage so it would be handy, but it went ahead and snowed anyway.

I’m sort of stuck in my office downtown. I can see the street that leads over the bridge to the west side of the city where I live, and it’s been bumper-to-bumper since shortly after it started to snow at noon. Where are all these people coming from if so many people left work beginning at noon? I just watched the line of cars move one car’s length in ten minutes. No thanks, I’ll sit here in my office until things start moving at a bit faster of a pace. I wonder if I’ll be able to get to my office tomorrow morning?

OMG, you just caused me to mentally flash on a truly infernal scene. I’m trying as hard as I can not to visualize what Wallace Road must look like right about now. AAAARGH [shiver]

I can’t even think that far ahead right now. I might just take the next exit where the Safeway is and try to get up the hill from there. Wish me luck!

Well, looks like I’ll be spending the night in my office. My car door won’t unlock/open, my foster daughter’s friend with the big truck doesn’t want to risk picking me up and not being able to get back up the hill to his house, and I have been getting a busy signal whenever I call AAA.

My office is warm and I can put some chair cushions together to make a makeshift bed. But I’m effing hungry, can’t get anywhere to buy some food, and there’s no food in the office (I’ve already gone through everyone’s drawers). And my 14-year-old daughter with Type 1 is home alone because my foster daughter is spending the night at her friend’s house. And my stupid ex won’t even answer his phone so I can tell him to keep an eye on our daughter, for whatever good that would do because in her almost 3 years of having D, he had done exactly zero overnight checks… Thank G_d for Dexcom. Only problem is my daughter doesn’t wake up for anything; I wake to the alarms and push some buttons on her pump or shove some juice in her mouth, and she sleeps through the night. So she won’t wake up if I phone her. I think I’ll tell her to run a little high overnight by setting a temp basal…

Well… you could walk?