Humalog Cartridge Pen Suggestions

Hi All

So my insurance is making my Novolog insulin more expensive and trying to get me to switch to Lilly Humalog. The cartridges are not compatible with my Novopen 3 which mean finding a new pen that I like. Specifically, what I like about the Novopen is that I can leave the needle on and recap it which allows me to reuse the needle. From looking around on the web, it seems like most (all??) of the humalog pens require the needle to be taken off before recapping. Is there a humalog compatible pen out there that will allow me to keep the needle attached and recap it?

Thanks for your input!

I have used Humalog and left the needle on with no problems.

great – which PEN are you using??

There is a coupon for either a free humalog memoir pen (memory of 16 injections) or the humalog Luxura (which will do 1/2 unit dosing). Link:
http://penvoucher.humalog.com/combined.cfm
Hope this helps

I have the HumaPen® Luxura™ and it allows me to keep the needle attached when the lid it put back on. It came with the insulin when I got it for the first time, if I need a replacement all I have to do is take the old pen to the pharmacy and exchange it, that or call the 1-800 number of Lilly and they will shop me another pen at no cost (wish I could use the all in one pen over the cartrages would make it so much easer and cheaper, but atm its not possible).

THe memoir is really cool, but I dont think you can leave the needle on…