Humalog or Novalog

Hey-

Just wondering which is best for insulin pumps, and if one will make you gain more weight than the other(or help you to lose weight)? I've never taken either, I'm still on Lantus only (and I've gained about 10 lbs), but my endo and I are making our way towards the pump.

I have used both Humalog and Novolog in my pumps. Switched from Humalog when I started having an allergic reaction to it at the infusion sites. I didn’t notice a difference between the two as far as weight gain/loss. Since my celiac was diagnosed and I went gluten-free, I can’t seem to lose more than 5 pounds no matter how I try, so I may not be a good indicator if there is a difference between the insulins for that.

Michelle
Western Washington State

I think it’s best to see which works for you Everybody reacts differently. Novolog is cultured on a candida base, and Humalog is cultured on a coliform base, if that helps.
My favorite quote is :“Every diabetic is an uncontrolled experiment of one” (Dr. Andrew Farquar), so see what works best for you by experimenting.