Hyperglycemia

It all started on Saturday the 31st I was 186mg but I might as well have been at 400 because I felt horrible, I felt nauseas, lethargic and all that good stuff. Yesterday same thing and today again have not gotten to the 200's but very close and I feel like I'm in the high 500's as soon as I go down to 160 or lower I start feeling better. Could this be because for the past 6 months I have been trying very hard to bring down my numbers and I have been doing really good my highest are 220's I try to keep my sugar under 180 but thats not always possible as we all know.. Just wondering if anyone has gone through this??

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry, I would answer, but I'm not really sure what you're asking.

It sounds to me that you had some kind of stomach flu or food poisoning. Just guessing.

If you are feeling nauseous for days on end and throwing up, you may very well be experiencing gastroparesis …I went through a terrible bout with it several years ago and it wasn’t pretty…
Eric

The few times I have been Acidotic, the symptoms sound the same as you are reporting.

It has happened to me when my pump canula pulls out with out me knowing. When I get acidotic then I can not bring my numbers down easily and sugars take double the insulin to come back to normal. It is the worst feeling ever of being dizzy and nauseous.
I am on a pump so it does not take very long to happen. It takes days to reduce the ketones in your blood too, so need to be very careful afterwards because it can happen more easily in the following days.
I am not sure if that is your trouble, I know that type 2s rarely become acidotic.

I also know that we can get used to sugars at any range and changing them even for the better can feel odd.

When I was first diagnosed I felt low when I was under 100mg/dl and I felt High around 150.

I think there may be 2 issues at play here. First, yes if you maintain tight control then you will feel highs and lows at ranges more close to normal. This is similar to the theory that can work to lessen hypo unawareness. Run higher than normal for a few weeks and do not have hypos, then you may develop more hypo awareness. The same is likely true for hypers.

The other issue is that hypers can feel much worse when you do not have enough insulin on board. For example, last week I wen swimming. I bolused for my missed basal and disconnected my pump. I forgot to go back to my pump and bolus when I planned to. What resulted what a high of about 200 for a while and I felt horrible. I believe the high hit me extra hard because I did not have enough insulin on board. Once my boluses became more active I felt better even though my BG was in the 160s.

If you are having frequent highs you may need to re-do your basal testing?

thanks for you're advice, I'm deff doing basal testing because it seems like I'm going high in the evening. I have never felt this sick at 180-200 it seems so weird but what your saying makes sense. Thanks again :)

Sorry my question was if anyone else feels the hyper symptoms at 180?

When my blood sugar gets too high I get really thirsty and my vision can get a little blurry too.