Hyperglycenia

I have high blood sugar. Just recently diagnosed. Are there folks in the group who have experienced seizures with high blood sugar?

Jim-
I have never experienced a seizure at all. I found this link for you, hope ot helps.
http://www.isletsofhope.com/diabetes/complications/seizures_1.html#seizure

Thanks for the info…it is very helpful. Jim.

Hi Debb,

Thanks for your reply…I am just being worked up for Hyperglycemia. Doctor will be doing a glucose tolerance and quite a few other tests. My blood sugar is always high when I have an “attack”…it is usual me loosing my balance with the feeling that the building is falling…like I am being thrashed around and I always end up on the floor or ground. I have been checking my blood sugar when these attack happen…it is usually between 235 and 250 mg/dl…and those are fasting blood sugars.

This is all new to me…I obviously have something going on…and the only real abnormal thing going on is my blood sugar when these happen…I am glad to be part of the group and look forward to learning even more about this contition. Thanks again. Jim.

Hi Flo,

Thanks for your reply…I am just being worked up for Hyperglycemia. Doctor will be doing a glucose tolerance and quite a few other tests. My blood sugar is always high when I have an “attack”…it is usual me loosing my balance with the feeling that the building is falling…like I am being thrashed around and I always end up on the floor or ground. I have been checking my blood sugar when these attack happen…it is usually between 235 and 250 mg/dl…and those are fasting blood sugars.

This is all new to me…I obviously have something going on…and the only real abnormal thing going on is my blood sugar when these happen…I am glad to be part of the group and look forward to learning even more about this contition. Thanks again. Jim.