Hypothyroid Questions

Hi there, I got my CAT scan results of my thyroid back today and I have been feeling symptoms though just had my thyroid checked and Synthroid raised. It is enlarged on one side but said don’t know why and come back for another scope in four months.
I trust my primary care doctor about as much as my NP for diabetes. I have been telling her that I don’t feel well and it feels like thyroid but she does not seem to listen at all. Ugh, who knows anything about hypothyroidism?

I don’t want to research on the Web just yet because I am afraid of what I will find and then I will stress and starts acting like a hypochondriac.

Anyone else had this?

gah . . .

I wish I could tell you it was nothing, but you know that is not true. But I can tell you that there are lots of reasons that yor thyroid could be enlarged and you could be hypothyroid and it is a totally manageable situation. You could keep yourself awake at night speculating at how you are going to die from some space sickness, or you could keep things in context and have faith. I like having some faith. I'm going to pray with you and I urge you to do the same.

ps. I don't just accept a diagnosis on an important health situation from a GP and/or NP. I seek another expert opinion and hope you consider one as well.

I'm glad you are getting additional medical care for this. I think we are lucky to live in an area where there are a lot of options for really top notch care. As I dug deeper into the whole thyroid thing I became quite dissappointed that doctors never seemed very effective at diagnosing and treating the conditions. Always, they seem to focus on a few numbers and not the patient.

The video is really helpful. I am still struggling with my situation. I still have a number of symptoms which go unexplained. My "numbers" also seem normal, but the symptoms are not. I still have low body temperature, fatigue, and other symptoms that suggest a thyroid issue.

I will be thinking of you. If you ever need to talk about this, I hope you know that we as a community support you. And personally, if you need anything, remember, I am a neighbor and you can always contact me if I can help.