I am no longer a diabetic

“Must be a team player” means the job sucks and you have no power and must accept how sucky the job is and perhaps other unethical implications. “Open to innovating outside the box” means that things are f’ed up and your job will partly be to try to make things work and fix things that are broken and cannot probably be fixed, even though they are f’ed up and will probably become more f’ed up and will always be f’ed up. Welcome to corporate doublespeak.

Its known to be f’ed up. I once went there to a conference, asked a question of an auditor, and was thrown off the premises. People came up to me and yelled in my face, “which media organization are you with?!?!” It was really scary. I believe that as soon as someone sees my face, I would be as good as fired. The trick would be to keep my head down and not say anything. Masks would be advantageous.

Being on the inside of an organization just might change how you see it. When you learn the hows and whys of things they becomes not so unreasonable.

If you can’t go into this adventure with an open mind you are setting yourself up for failure. If you can keep an open mind you might find that not everything is as you have perceived, that there is a multitude of people doing good things and that you can be a part of the good.

4 Likes

A lot of people cause harm because they don’t know any better. This will be a fine line for me because I know things. But, if they put me in the right place, I might get some ethical latitude here. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

As it relates to media manipulation, changing our perceptions…

2 Likes

Oh, for sure, James. For sure this happens.