I am still in denial. I resist taking my meds

I wonder how many diabetics feel the same way I do. I am not one for taking medication. As a matter of fact, I don’t even take a pill when I have headaches or pain. If my body can handle the pain, I would rather meditate and seek alternative remedies. I am 49 now and I have not been ill often.

But this diabetes is kicking my a$$. I am going to find a different way to get better. I am watching my diet and not really exercising the way I should.

There has to be a better way than taking pills. Luckily, I am watching what I eat. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and connect with those who are in the same boat as I am. I don’t want to be angry. I just want to find a connection and be happy with my decision.

Love you guys…

M

Maria,

Suggestion, go on a low carb…almost no carb diet and do take your pills. If you do not, it will get worse, you will likely suffer one or all of the complications if not; loss of eyesight, problems with bad sores that don’t heal on your toes and feet, hands and fingers with the need for amputations of some of those limbs, it will take much longer to get over simple illnesses like a cold or flu or even common allergies, even worse, it can result in heart disease and death by heart attack. Eventually, it leads to death. Also, if you don’t take your pills, you will have to go on insulin and take injections…do you want that? If you do what is suggested and you can bring your BS down to between 90 and 127 and your A1C to around 5 to 6, you can eventually eat some more carbs and eventually get off your pills, but it won’t happen unless you become determined. Sorry to sound like Marine Corp drill instructor. I just know I am doing it and it is working fabulously. Hey…I even lost almost 20 lbs and I am 5’9" and I am down to 160 lbs. I lost 2 pants sizes. If I can do it, you can too!

Is it the idea of the pills or the hassle? Either way, the pills can be a huge help to the rest of your therapy.

I set up my morning and evening pill boxes, once per week. It is more automatic that way, and I do not have to think about it. And if I forget, I can tell. Because when you are busy, one day blends into another. The pill box always looks the same!