I am truely tired of being sick every other week!

I think some people are just prone to illness.
I have relatives who always seem to get the stomach flu. Every year they seem to get nailed with it.
I also believe that we have become soooo clean that there are important bacteria that we need to ward off illness but don’t because we’ve destroyed the bacteria.
Washing hands is important, but all the antibacterial soaps are not. It’s the rubbing with the soap and water that kills the germs.
I’ve seen so many people in bathrooms, just swish swish with water and think that’s enough, and alot of others don’t even bother.

This is the most important advice. Go easy on the antibacterial soaps/sanitizers because your hands will become dry and sore, especially in winter. The motion of washing with warm water and gentle cleanser is good enough (sing “Happy Birthday” or “ABC”). Imagine shopping in the mall… how many other dirty hands were on the ATM key pad, clothes hanger, dressing room door, pen you sign with, before you buy something at the food court. Remember not to eat before you wash your hands, and use a paper towel on door handles to exit public restrooms. Wash your hands after returning home. If you drive, the steering wheel is filthy after pumping gas or buying coffee, because you touched things a lot of others did, too.

I washs my hands ALOT!! and I try to keep my distance from anyone whos got a cold. I havent had a sick day in almost 5 years. And get a flu shot every year

The above post says it all for me.
Just as I was going to write, I noticed the above post which is where I was going.

read this post about swine flu control… the idea of this is to stop any other person’s disease (gastro, flu, colds, TB, etc) bug getting into you…(nose, eyes, mouth, airways).
http://www.everydayhealth.com/the-swine-flu/stop-spread-of-swine-flu-at-home.aspx

For me, face touching, nose and eye rubbing is a big no no !

I think too, the over use of antibacterials are making us prone to illness because we don’t build up antibodies which we need.
I have discovered that LOT’s of fluids helps alot of what ails me.
Best wishes to you…
Jewels, :slight_smile:

OH, and I agree that good old fashioned hand washing with regular soap does the trick. It’s not the soap that kills the germs per say, it’s the act of the rubbing.
I’ve seen sooo many people put soap on their hands, and rince it right off without even rubbing it into their hands, I’m like what’s the point? …LOL
We were trained in school, ( COTA here) to sing yankee doodle while washing hands…

When I was diagnosed at seventeen I was very often sick. But the better my A1c was the lower was the frequency of becoming ill. So I think that you are dealing with the aftermath of your manifestation in 2009. Try to aim at good A1c numbers below 6.5 and keep up the good spirit.