I can't keep food down and am freaking out

So I got my wisdom teeth removed yesterday, and things were going as good as could be expected until this morning. I took vicodin at around 6am, and at 9 am was throwing up. I thought it was because I didn’t have enough to eat, so I waited until 2 pm to have vicodin and augmentin, the antibiotic the doctor prescribed with my procedure. I also had ice cream, mashed potatoes, and half an avocado. Two hours later I threw it all up. The doctor’s office told me to stop taking the pain killers and antibiotic, but I’m still scared.

My sugars have been running between 75 and 140 today, so they’ve been pretty good, but I’m worried about going low. I’m also worried that it is something else that is causing me to throw up, but I don’t know what that would be. I don’t have a fever.

I’m also worried about the pain. When the vicodin wears off it hurts a lot, and I would really like to be able to go to classes on Friday, when school begins, but not when I’m in pain.

Lastly, I’m worried that throwing up will cause dry sockets.

Okay, I think that is the majority of my worries for now.

Throwing up sucks! I hate it. I would just replace the gauze after each event and try to keep things clean. If you can’t keep much down try a broth or maybe one of those G2 no sugar Gatorade drinks just to keep yourself hydrated.

Carly I hope you recove soon but if it last more then 2 days, my suggestion is to get in touch with your dentist.

If you’re worried about going low, maybe sipping ginger ale, very tiny amounts, along with the no carb drinks, will help. I think pain killers are a very common cause of nausea, so they are probably the problem.

The ginger should work, but maybe you should try pulverizing some candied ginger. You should be able to find it at the supper market. It’s been proven ginger works as well as prescription meds.
Take care of yourself.
danny

I hope you feel better! You have already been given good advice from everyone else:) I hope you get well soon

You can also call your doctor for pheneragin or zofran. I keep both on hand for the times I can’t keep anything down. Zofran you can get in tablets that dissolve under your tongue, then you don’t have to worry about not keeping them down.

Thank you all for such great advice! I’ve been sipping ginger ale, and stopped taking the pain killers, and so far I’m okay :).

Glad it is going better.