I finally did it,,,i got the Animias Ping pump..im a first timeuser

Hi Mary Ann. I sent you a friend invite since we’re going through things around the same time. I was glad my trainer let me just push buttons and set things up (she said we’ll fix anything I do wrong when we meet in person on Monday!) because I learn best if I do things myself, rather than just someone else showing me. My trainer and I had originally spoken about doing a few days saline at first as well, and my Apidra in vials hasn’t been sent yet. But she said on the phone we could extract it from the pens as well, so I’m not sure which way we will start on Monday. We are definitely on the same schedule! I’m more excited than nervous now, but that could change the first time I have trouble with something!

I am jealous of you guys…i am still waiting for approval of my pump (hopefully this coming week the paperwork will be in). You both have to tell me how its going. I’ll be doing the Saline thing too once I get it but use my pens to keep me sane lol. Then its Humalog alone :slight_smile:

will do amy…

im more nervous,i dont like change much

You must be comfortable enough with change that you went ahead and ordered a pump!

Me, I'm at a point in my life that I know myself: I freak out a bit about anything new but then adapt really quickly. So these days I remind myself that in a week I'll be saying "it's no big deal" about whatever change I'm faced with and that helps me not freak out so bad. As for the pump, I just tell myself if I absolutely can't deal with it I can always go back to MDI's. From what everybody else says I know that is very unlikely, but it might help reduce the anxiety to say that.

this is true,im getting used to the idea now that its closer…im sure itll be fine,my daughter actually convinced me to go on the pump cause of the severity of my lows!

personally I can’t wait to get rid of MDI…I just can’t wait. It slows me down a tiny bit and having the pump when I am on the go (especially with my new field I’ll be going into) it will be easier for me.

Oh, good! I think doing all the reading really helps familiarize us with everything, and then we can always refer back to Pumping Insulin or the Manual for step by steps if we forget how to do something. I also think the saline first will really help us get comfortable with the whole process before we are actually using insulin.

:}