I have had type 1 diabetes since I was 2 yers old

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabees when I was 2 yrs old. We think I may have had it earlier thant that.

My father was in the Navy and my mother luckily had her mother living upstairs. Evidently I never slept . I was whining or crying continuously.

My mother called the family Dr. He told her all I neede was a good spanking. Boy was he on target!!!

My mother wrote to Senator John F Kennedy to have my father discharged to come home. My brother has the original letters that were sent from JFK to my mother.

My father was sent home. I ended up in the Chelsea Naval Hospital.

I’m not quitesure how but I was sent to the Joslin Clinic in Boston. I have been going there ever since.

I’m sorry you got Diabetes so young, but what an interesting story! Those letters must be priceless to your family on many levels. Welcome to TuDiabetes and good luck.

Welcome.
“My mother called the family Dr. He told her all I neede was a good spanking. Boy was he on target!!!” Hahaha my mum sent me to an audio clinic once because she thought I was going deaf…as it turned out I was diagnosed with ‘selective deafness’ :slight_smile: