I Have Reached Overload!

This site has my brain on diabetes overload!!!

I usually like to go back and read old entries and blogs and discussions. But there is so much new stuff put on this site everyday that I am having trouble keeping up with the new stuff much less the old stuff. Is that too much stuff?

I want to thank each and everyone of you who are active posters on this site. Whether is be a blog or discussion. Posting comments to other peoples offerings. Even if all you do is post a little not to tell how you are doing. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

This site, in just a matter of a couple weeks this site has become an intregal part of my day. I check it several times a day when I am work (they actually allow me to do it) and I am back on when I get home reading and posting until I go to bed.

I am learning so much. I feel like I am helping other people and most of all, I am connecting with other people with diabetes and hearing their personal stories. Like so many have said in posts that I have read, all of my friends know that I am diabetic. All of my co-workers know what the signs of low sugar are and how to give me a glucagon shot if necessary. Want to find out who your real friends are? Have a low BG in front of them and see if one of them will stick you in the butt with a needle. It has happened to me at work, twice. Each time someone went to my desk and got the shot and injected me with it.

I have had the opportunity to laugh at stories people tell. To know that I am not the only one who has some very strange diabetes stories. I never thought it was just me. Just never had a place to share. Non-diabetics, while they can appreciate the humorus story, can never know how it feels to be a diabetic.

This is a Thursday evening. I have every other Friday off and tomorrow is my off Friday. I know that upon waking up in the morning that I will be right here. Sending comments to friends and reading the educational material and watching videos. Learning more about the condition known as diabetes and more about myself.

To those that run this site. My special thanks. For none of us could ever share like we can share here without your tireless effort. I also want to commend you for having, hand down, the best diabetes site on the intenet.

So be good to yourself. Cheat a little every once in a while. But most of all test and test often. There is no control if you don’t test. If you don’t do it for you…then who will.

Sparky, I’m so glad you’re enjoying TuDiabetes. I came here over three years ago, and I felt like I was encircled by the arms of a great loving family. I needed to make some changes, and my friends here helped me get the courage to do it. I continue to be amazed at the people here, so smart, creative, friendly, funny, giving. I am always proud to talk to others about TuDiabetes and to encourage them to tell others to join us. It’s the best thing I ever did for my diabetes.

Thanks Marie B, you probably said what I was trying to say much better and in a lot fewer words. I am an instructor by trade so I guess that makes me get wordy…lol.