I know it's hard

Listen, I know it’s hard. I know it feels like the end of the world. And I can’t do it for you. I can’t work out for you and change your way of life. But I can help you, I can give you motivation. I was there, I did it. And if I can do it so can you! Nike said it best, “Just do it!”

You don’t have to cut out the things you like and don’t let your doctors tell you otherwise. That’s the quickest way to terminate the change. It’s all about controlling your portions and exersice. Don’t starve yourself, know that your change is perminent and it needs to be a lifestyle change. It’s not the end of the world though, I promise. I know I thought it was. I thought oh no, I can’t have my chips, my diet coke… bah it’s just portions and knowing when to eat it.

After a year of working out and controlling my diet I’m off the pills and lost 80+lbs. Now my sister is going on my diet- I hope she sticks with it, her pulse at rest was 120, they put her on beta blockers. My best friend for 20+ years is as overweight as I was is now doing my plan and working out.

Just talk to your nutrionists! Make the change! Do what’s right for your body and your life.

80 lbs & no more meds! Wow, Natasha. Way to go. That took a ton of discipline.

You’re right, Natasha. Making the change is hard. But once you do, the rest is relatively easy. It took me the better part of two years to educate myself on proper nutrition and discipline myself to stick with the diet and exercise. I’ve been off the pill for over two years. I would argue that point about controlling portions, however. Maybe in the beginning it’s necessary, but once the weight is under control, it’s possible to eat normal portions. Today, I eat all I want… to the tune of nearly 3,000 Calories a day. I just make sure it’s not man made “refined, enriched, or fortified” nutrient deficient crap. I eat a nearly 100% natural foods diet with plenty of raw fruits and vegetables. And yes, I exercise daily. For me, it’s more about nutrients than portions. Lowering insulin resistance is vital in a type two’s quest to control blood sugar. Exercise and proper nutrition are the keys to doing that. Congratulations, Natasha. Most doctors will tell you that maybe one in a hundred are able to accomplish what you and I have. For more about how powerful proper nutrition can be, check out Dr. Joel Fuhrman and Mike Adams, the Health Ranger.

Congratulations! Great attitude, too!