I love my basal -- it's working!

Thanks everyone for helping me understand and set my basal insulin dose.

It’s WORKING.

I tested at 2 a.m. (twinkle time) and then at 4:30 a.m. (pre-breakfast) one day this week and it was exactly the same (don’t you just love my new wake-up time? 3:45 a.m. M-F) (Eeeeek!)

Another day I tested after digestion and Novolog should have been out of the picture, took a nap, and tested 2.5 hours later: it was exactly the same.

Yay!!!

My BG’s in general are MUCH better since I decided to start taking full responsibility for understanding and setting my own insulin doses. From my BG meter yesterday:

30-day average = 204

14-day average = 164

7-day average = 133

So it’s dropping steadily as I adjust my insulin:carb ratio, adjust my correction factor and have finally got my basal set.

THIS IS SO COOL. My baby steps are finally getting me somewhere: eating better, walking more, getting insulin under control, sleeping better, FEELING better. Whew.

Way to go Jean!! I’m glad to hear that you have gotten that together for yourself. I am glad as well that you feel better!!!

@acidrock23 – Thanks! I literally couldn’t have done it without y’all – TuDiabetes has been a life-saver for me. Take a bow.

That is great news. I know that you have really felt frustrated about this. Hopefully, as your blood sugars normalize, things will get easier and you will continue to feel better, feel healthier and get stronger.

Glad it has worked!

Congratulations! I know what a struggle this has been for you, but your persistence is starting to pay off. This shows why TuD is such a great resource.

Congrats! This is such great news! :smiley:

Thanks, everybody. What a difference two months makes – when you have the right kind of help and support. I came here feeling SO ALONE and now I feel like I’m part of this team of diabetics all working together for the common good. I can’t even express how grateful I am; I wish you could just see into my heart.