I have been on the Omnipod for the last 3 weeks. Huge fan of it, I won’t be going back to a tube system again! There are, however, some things I really miss about the old Minimed that I wish that Omnipod could do…
- Why can’t I adjust my basal rates without suspending the pump? Especially if the basal rate is not the one I am in.
- Why do I have to use the Copilot if I want to know on a daily basis how much I have bolused in correction as a percentage of daily insulin given?
- I REALLY miss the daily average of total insulin given, avg blood sugar, correction percentage, avg carbs over how many days up to 31 I want to look at…without going to a PC.
- Why doesn’t the pod count any of the meal bolus as insulin on board when you are only 2 hours out postprandial? (It clearly assumes I am way better at counting carbs than I know I am.
- Will someone stop the BEEPING!!! Ok, I know I have 4 hours until the Pod expires. The world will not end. STOP BEEPING. Especially when I was sleeping.
I still love the fact I can wear it on my arm, on my leg and not have something attached via tube.