I miss the In-Charge and Duet by LXN

I wonder when someone will come out with a meter that does home fructosamine testing, similar to the In Charge or Duet used to by LXN… yes it used a lot of blood, and took 5 min but it was a nice in-between between your A1C and your average blood glucose to see how well you were doing…

I think with the emergence of home a1c testing (and it’s too bad we don’t have the A1Cnow available for home use any more), the need for that sort of test was greatly reduced. For $9 you can still get a home test and mail it off, and get results in less than 4 days… I just don’t think much of a market remained for a meter based test.

Problem is the A1Cnow is gone, and it takes about 30 days to have your A1C “change”… it takes approximately a week for your fructosamine level to change… its a shorter term test, so you will see results faster than if you took an A1C and mailed it in… Mailing in a bloodsample… BLAH… what a pain…

Being able to realize if your change in basal insulin has had an effect, then to wait for an A1c in 30 days… Theres still a place for it… Remember a A1C is weighted towards the testing date… and it can easily be swayed due to recent events vs events that happened say, 30 days ago…