I need a hug:(

You are so lucky to have been able to help people with diabetes. Hugs to you!!!

-As one door closes-another one opens. Thats how changes in our life happen. Most of the time for the good!!–Cheers

I’m so sorry, you must be scared and going crazy right now. I will be thinking good thoughts for your future.

Billy,
Its time to pick yourself up by the bootstraps and start thinking of a Plan B. Of course take time to mourn the loss. Of course you have the support of the diabetic community. I am unfamiliar with this program can you tell me about it.

Well just a little update here on what my plan is. My plan is that I am going to go on umemployment insurance for the summer and go play golf on the amateur tour. It’s something that i’ve always wanted to do and a couple years ago i qualified for it so I think i’m just going to have fun this summer. I’m still going to be looking for jobs but I’m definately going to take some me time and just be happy. Things are going to work out I have always known that. It sucks but oh well it’s life. Thanks for the beautiful comments and stay smiling because I am

I have just asked Manny’s help add the Canadian Diabetes Association 's ASK here regarding advocacy for the Aboriginal Diabetes Community , since I don’t know how to " transfer " from their page to here .
In Anna’s response , which I read after my ask to Manny, I read this website
http;//www.diabetes.ca/get-involved/news/aboriginal-diabetes-initiative-renewal-campaign/
Canadian TU members ,if you want to show your support , please fill out the on line form , which will go to your MP and Federal Finance Minister .
Billie’s story is too sad to ignore.

Billy are you willing to add your story and the website to the Canadian site, or would you like me to make a posting about the NADA/CDA’s advocacy request to the Canadian public ??

Hey Nel - glad you’re on the ball here with getting out what’s happening. I’ve had mixed reactions from people that I’ve approached (won’t say what they said - but in my mind it’s … BOOT TO THE HEAD for them for their comments to me). I still can’t believe how much I had talked to the staff from our Federal government at the IDF back in October about the program and how vital it was. They handed me so much info/CD etc. and then I went to speak to the NADA representative (we had lunch together ).

Like you say, this is just too sad, especially when I felt like going up North to help educate, tho’ I’d first need that darn RN diploma to do it (need more hours in the day to do all I want to do ).

BTW Billy, can’t wait to see you at the Canadian Open!

remember that even though it’s high or low we need to keep it up!