I need a replacement for PLUS by Adapt Heath app

I have been using this app to order supplies from Solara, and it is being dropped in January. It has been a pain in the Ar*e because it the servers go down regularly. The have a new app for ordering called myAPP. That’s fine.

What I used PLUS for everyday was to log BP, activities, carbs and medications. The first 3 are covered by other apps, no problem. It is medications and supplements that is the issue.

PLUS sets up for taking meds basically on meals, fasting, breakfast, lunch, dinner and bedtime. This is what I want. Last night I went through the arduous process of updating my phone to iOS 16.2 because Health app has a new med tracker.

It is not at all what I want. It, like several apps I have downloaded and deleted wants to track meds by times. That is not acceptable because those thing vary a bit, at least me.

I still wake up most mornings around 5AM, but not always. After leaving the bathroom, I take Synthyroid fasting, waiting 30 to 60 minutes before taking other meds just before breakfast. I really don’t want reminders, but to have a visible log of meds taken and the time.

Because I stayed up an hour later while my phone updated, I slept an hour later. I am retired and not on a rigid schedule although I tend to eat on fairly regular times, but not precise.

Maybe there’s nothing available, but maybe there is. I would prefer one that is native to my phone and not server/cloud based.

I think the Contour Next app is set up that way but I haven’t used it in a couple of years so may be misremembering. I use Onedrop but it records based on time so it wouldn’t match your requirements.

1 Like

Thanks @Firenza I downloaded the app and set up an account, but I couldn’t see where it had a medication log of any kind. I was hoping for something that would work on my phone. I can set up something on my MacBook using Excel.

I think after doing multiple searches with different wording I found an app that might do mostly what I want. It’s MedManage. It does have times, but at least can mark Before food, After food, Morning and Bedtime.

An update, I was reasonably happy with the MedManage app, but it stopped letting me log in. I really didn’t like that it was in the cloud and when you showed to have taken a med in the list it would revert to the top. This means you have to scroll back down.

I decided to give the Apple Health medicine log another try. Even though it wants time for the dose, this works out well because you can group meds by time, and show all to be taken.

I will get a notification on my watch and phone, but it doesn’t do more than that. I just go to Health when I actually take the meds/supplements. The log just shows the time I actually took them.

I only use this for oral meds/supplements. The app can be used for injectable meds such as Ozempic. The app shows possible drug interactions, I have 5 non-critical. One caused me to change my schedule a bit.

I take Synthyroid in the morning and after breakfast would take a multivitamin. It was suggested that at least 4 hours between these 2. I just moved the vitamin to after dinner.

There are some things I don’t like about Apple. But some I really like. I use Health to track BP and temperature. It does a lot automatically. What I wish is that it would communicate with Garmin Connect. I suspect this is a Garmin issue and not Apple.