I need help with wording in Scholarship Application Requests in reference to tying my Diabetes in to my 'need' level

Hi Friends,
I’m going to cut and paste the form letter that I am sending to different funding foundations in order to ask for help with funding for my studies. I’m having a hard time slipping in my Diabetes and would love to hear how you would do it. Please feel free to email me at shoregid@gmail.com with any ideas or redrafts/suggestions.
Yours Sincerely,
Shore Gidwani

P.S- If you are aware of any foundations that I should try please send that information to me as well.

Dear Members of The Inamori Foundation,

It is with great pride and excitement that I am requesting information on Academic Scholarships available for my upcoming studies. I am going to spend 5 months in Cologne, Germany followed by 4 months in Warsaw, Poland. The Global MBA program will then take me to China for 3 months. I will wrap up my studies with 5 months in Jacksonville, Florida. I will graduate with an AACSB certified MBA and a MA Intercultural Communication and International Management.

I am from Okinawa. My parents migrated here in the late 60’s before the handover of the prefecture back to Japanese hands. From this beautiful sub tropic, I have developed a layered and colorful perspective. Furthermore, the migration my parents chose provides me with another lens that drives me to be as liberal and as objective as possible. My home is Japan, and I look forward to representing my country with pride and optimism as I tour the world. Japan is often underestimated and not fully understood. I love opening up people’s eyes and explaining to them how my country has become the economic superpower it is today.

My parents migrated from India, I still hold an Indian passport but have never lived there. This gives me a unique layer of understanding that forces me to empathize with the plight of the underdeveloped/developing world. The program I will start, strives to comprehend the complexities of globalization from both sides of the fence.

I also suffer from Juvenile Diabetes. I was diagnosed at the age of 5. With a disease as horrible as Diabetes it is hard to extract good. However I have used this burden as a gift to build relationships wherever I have gone.

I have been able to obtain basic funding that will pay for the first 6 months of the 15 month program. I would like to request information on options you may have where I could apply for funding that will assist me in completing this life-changing and eye-opening program.

Please feel free to contact me at anytime with any questions and I look forward to hearing from you. I thank you in advance for your well wishes on my new journey.

Yours Sincerely,

Kishor Gidwani
7116-funding.cost.pdf (14.9 KB)
7117-letterofacceptancecuas.pdf (645 KB)
7118-cv.doc (42 KB)