I publicly confess...I'm a hoarder

A thought hoarder, that is. Information is, and has been,my obsession. Whoever said "what you don't know can't hurt you," was wrong. Most of us live, are at least guided by, sometimes dictated by, information.

We consume it because we need it. Ask any parent, or diabetic.

"New" parenting advice, information on what's the newest threat to children? Let us have it, regardless of the brain space it takes up ( and those who know me, know mine is limited), or the amount of time it takes to consume and process, or the emotional price it often carries. Like information for diabetics, guilt and worry are often the costs ( Two or more for the Price of One!)

How much of it though is needed, and necessary to be a good parent, or a diabetic with well-managed blood glucose?

How many think we need to de-clutterize and quit making the unimportant seem important, and quit taking for granted what's really important?

Dear D-Dad.
I watched an "old" movie this weekend, "Click" with Adam Sandler. Add it to your already full list of things you must do.
I prefer to keep it as simple as possible. Even so I'm often (constantly?) overwhelmed. My spouse likes to complicate everything. Decisions, twenty-million a day. It gives me headaches. I believe in down-sizing!
The media and pop culture bombard us with trying to keep up with the latest and greatest gadgets, styles, fads. Trying to "keep up with the Jones'" just puts one in debt. Technology changing so fast; I can't keep up. It's exhausting. Who has time for all this?
Every job-posting includes the words "..in a pressure-filled, fast-paced environment..." Hectic. Chaotic. Demanding. Wearing, Draining.......
My brain sometimes wants to explode.
Pulled in so many directions. [Note to self: Just say "No."] I simply can't be everything to everyone.
Who wants to be busy all the time? When do we get to just relax, smell the roses, watch the sunset?
Paperwork, computers, Smart-Phone apps, upload this download that. Whatever happened to just a good old put the stamp on the envelope and put it in the mailbox?
Calendars, schedules, deadlines, appointments, to-do's...all very stressful.
Mind constantly spinning, spinning; can't get to sleep at night for there is so much to be done tomorrow! [Another Note to Self: Worry is a waste of precious time].
Must prioritize. This and that and that and that will just have to wait. Right now must refill insulin pump and change inset, and then sit for ten minutes and enjoy the busy little hummingbirds who like my red flowers.
Take a moment, breath in, breath out.
Then back to it, jump back on the hamster wheel, race for the finish line, get as much done as I can, but I'll never catch up, a new gremlin to tackle shows up everyday. Am I living or just trying to survive? I do my best, but it's never going to be good enough (anxiety, guilt); UNLESS, ah ha! I tell myself it was, and not allow myself to obsess, not easy, takes practice, obviously still working on that.
"To live is so startling,
It leaves little time for anything else." - Emily Dickinson
Best, Gina

P.S.
I don't have to be Martha Stewart. You don't have to be Super-Dad.
The more things I try to juggle, the more of them I drop!