I saw this article regarding diabetes etiquette on DLife yesterday

LOL! The Food Police should receive the brochure! LOL

Glad you had a laugh. My gorgeous husband sometimes mistakes me (T1.5 on insulin) for his mother with T2 who doesn’t have injected insulin to cover high carb foods. I do low-carb with the occasional treat.

Frankly, I couldn’t care less what others think, what they say to me, or what advice they want to give me if that advice is rubbish. If people can’t read my body language (usually total disinterest) when they start, they soon get a very polite mouthful about their nonsense miracle cures, or if they’re Food Police I’ll do something else like jokingly offer my endo’s phone number so they can report me.

I know what I’m doing with my D, but I also understand that anyone who bothers to comment (including Food Police) have some misguided sense that they’re helping. Why would that bother me if I’m confident and comfortable with what I’m doing? Although when it’s family or close friends, that’s a whole other ballgame, isn’t it? They often just won’t leave it alone. (I don’t have that, but I know people who do.)

Well said Susi and right on point!