I think Im dealing with depression

Hi guys… Im 24. I have PCOS, thyroid issues, a crap load of foods im sensitive too including gluten and dairy/casein and im a type 2 diabetic and I am 15 weeks pregnant with a 2 and a 1 year old (not trying to receive pitty just support) And well… that is one part of my life right now in a nut shell. I feel like crying all the time, negative thoughts wont leave my head, worried about my health almost 24/7, and i think im starting to have social anxiety. I feel like the walking dead… I still dont think i have accepted my health even after a 1 and a half and i seriously think my issues are starting to affect some of my relationships. I feel… alone… overwhelmed and stressed out of my mind. I know with all this mental overload its NOT going to help me one bit… I just feel, so low and my family have never really been around for me as it is (grew up in the system somewhat and lived on my own since 16). Im from California but im almost 3000 miles away in Delaware, no family, long time friends… i feel miserable… And that i cant get out of the whole i feel im so deeply in…

I’m sorry to hear you’re having such a rough time, Tarra. I’m really glad you felt comfortable to post here and you explained really well what is going on for you. You have a lot on your plate at the same time, and I think you are right that it is affecting you emotionally in a serious way that you may not be able to work your way out of on your own. It sounds like you are far from your support network. Is there anyone at all close to where you live that you can turn to for support? How about somebody back home that you can contact by phone or Skype for a heart to heart. I do feel that some professional support would help, at least for awhile. I suggest finding a therapist you feel good with-shopping around is definitely acceptable to find someone you feel a connection to. Someone to talk with, medication if it’s warrented. I also suggest you take care of yourself, I know it’s hard with young children and whatever else takes your time and attention, but whatever you can do to treat you well will help. Little treats, or pleasurable things that you find comforting and relaxing. Eating well and getting proper rest are really important as well. I hope things get better for you soon.

Really sorry to hear you have so much on your plate right now but always remember we’re here to talk to. If you want just come on over to my page and vent all you need to. I know you think it won’t be much help but here during my worst times I have found so much support and ppl that took me for me when noone else in my family seemed to do so. YOU CAN GET THROUGH THIS!! And all of us here are here to help you!

Tarra… I just want to say that I get where you’re coming from. I really do. I grew up with all those issues, PCOS, Hypothyroidism, and severe weight issues from not handling carbs well (and not knowing it)… And Acanthosis Nigricans around my neck, knees, thighs… And major, severe, clinical depression and mood swings. I grew up basically… fighting a war against my family: the people who thought I wasn’t showering enough because my neck was always “dirty,” and not brushing my hair because it was now very wiry… and overeating because I was gaining so much weight, and though I was not in charge of my own diet, AND I was eating the same things as always…! I grew up with my family… but it was like they were never there for me. They never understood. I was always, sort of out of sight and out of mind. I tried to commit suicide when I was 12 years old! My school counselor/principal/other teachers tried to sit down my parents to discuss the matter, and said I needed help… but they IGNORED me. I faced my teenage years, and college… Alone… with all of that. How I survive… I think is out of the grace of God, really… because I was always so close to just ending it all, more times than I can count. I was only diagnosed with PCOS and Hypothyroidism after my sister, who had graduated from college as a Medical Technician a few months before, decided it was suspicious that I was always laying on the sofa, dead… basically… from exhaustion. My family NEVER calls me… My family blames me for not having a job, even though I bust my hump trying to find one… and we are in the worst recession in decades. They don’t get it. They just… don’t really think about me, or consider me really part of them… I’m out of site, and out of mind. I can never talk to them about my true struggles, my emotions, or anything deep… They just… don’t take me seriously, nor as an adult. I feel, in many ways, out there… on my own… and yes, they are thousands of miles away too. I’m in Iowa, and they are in Puerto Rico.

I know it’s rough… but I know that… we can do this together. We can talk to each other, and give each other support… and tell each other how much today sucked, but tomorrow will be better… It’s okay, sister… You are NOT alone. I did form two groups, one for Hypothyroid Diabetics and one for Women with PCOS and Diabetes… which you are more than welcome to check out, if you haven’t already… I wish I could give you a HUG.

Can the baby’s dad help at all? Seems like you are shouldering the whole burden. I’m hoping someone else is there to help, even a little bit. I’m thinking of you and hoping you are o.k.

so sorry for your troubles. you have a lot on your plate - try reaching out to your friends and family via email/facebook/calls sometime it just helps to vent or at least the people who know you best can say the right thing to help you or at least give you a better perspective. if all else fails you got us. hope things are turning around for you. please take care!

you came to the right place for support! hang in there sweet lady! :wink: