Sorry if this is inappropriate… I am a very happy Dexcom G6 user and have extended the life of my sensors by using the various techniques that have been discovered (using XDrip + instead of the Dexcom app or “receiver”, tricking the Dexcom “receiver” into extending the sensor for another 10 day period etc).
I’ve found that my sensors weren’t lasting past 11 or 12 days before getting sensor errors which forced me to replace the sensor.
After I applied my last sensor, I used the Simpatch adhesive product for the Dexcom G6 which I bought from Amazon. I originally thought that $17.75 was a bit expensive for these adhesive patches, but I’ve found that these things keep the sensor glued to my belly much more effectively than any other tape or adhesive. I also noticed that I’ve gone 16 days since I replaced my sensor and the Dexcom app and XDrip + are still working perfectly with this really old sensor and still match finger-stick blood tests in accuracy.
I therefore am theorizing that a major cause of Dexcom G6 sensor failure is not that the sensor “probe” gets clogged or “wears out”, but rather that the adhesive is not keeping the “probe” embedded correctly which causes the sensor to fail…
I’ll test my theory with future sensors, but so far, I think that having the sensor adhesive stick correctly is the key to a very long and successful sensor life.