I want to turn off some of the notifications from my Dexcom G6

OMG!!! THANKS!!!

I thought that there must be a way to get rid of “your BG was high 3 hours ago”. I’m “well, duh, but why are you bugging me now?!?!”

I have my high alarm set at 190, then the pump had a reminder at 200. Sometimes they went off one after the other during a work meeting. Everyone is all “Are you okay?!”

Those must be some of the settings that my pump trainer insisted that I put in “for safety”. I wouldn’t mind “your blood sugar has been high for 3 hours”, but why do I need to know that my BG was high 3 hours ago if it’s not high anymore? It just doesn’t differentiate - maddening!!!

Anyone know how to get rid of the one that says that its given you insulin but your BG hasn’t gone down? I’d like to know why it thinks that you’re BG should be going down in less than 20 or 30 minutes. :roll_eyes:

I just say “I’m fine but my thermonuclear pancreas is threatening to go critical”

The worst is the seven LOUD beeps on the phone. Then I say “everyone stay calm. I’m going to go get a snickers bar”.

2 Likes

I find that alarm settings on Dexcom CGM don’t always work as I set them. I have my high alert set to repeat in 2 hrs. as I want to give my correction dose time to work. I don’t want to be reminded every 5 to 15 minutes that my BG is still high. Stressful! I have checked it repeatedly. It is set for 2 hrs. Yet this sucker sets off again anywhere from 1 to 3 times in the first 15 to 30 minutes after the initial alarm. Arrrrggg! What’s up with that?