Identification Tag

Recently I had an awful scare.

I had gone to a doctor’s appointment, went out to lunch with my husband, went to the local Hallmark store, and came home.

About an hour after I got home, I tested my BS and reached down for my Dexcom; I wanted to calibrate it. My heart stopped short when my hand only touched the fabric of my pants! OMG … where was my CGM! I looked all over my desk; looked in my satchel and my purse; I threw my coat on and ran out to the driveway to check it and the car … nothing!

Well, after backtracking through town, thank God someone found it at the doctor’s office and had turned it in to the front desk. I was so glad I found it, tears sprung to my eyes when the receptionist reached into her drawer and pulled it out! I still can’t believe I went a few hours without noticing it wasn’t there! I finger stick to bolus for meals, so it isn’t uncommon for me to not look at my Dex before meals, especially if it isn’t squawking at me, lol … but still!

Anyway, this got me to thinking and I now have a “Post-It” note inside both my Dexcom and OmniPod PDM (Personal Diabetes Manager) with my name and phone number.

I’m a sewer/crafter … so, I plan on embroidering my information on a cloth and sewing it right into the inside flap of the Dexcom, which appears to be felt-backed leather. The PDM is black plastic, so although I will write directly on the case with a Sharpie, I am also going to attach a mailing label with super glue!

Dexcom and OmniPod would do us all a favor if they “made” a pocket to put an identification tag in.

Posted in both the Dexcom and OmniPod Groups

I use the Sharpie Metallic Fine Point Permanent Marker to mark all my electronic devices. The color shows up on black plastic casings really well. I have only used silver; not sure how well bronze and gold work.

Glad you found it! I have my contact info taped to the back of my CGM, under the protective skin.