If I had one pump wish, it would be

Nothing stupid about wanting the correct shade of pink!! When I got a back up meter for free recently from my pump supplies company, I was very excited that it was the same shade of electric green as my pump. lol

I agree with the bluetooth thing… what’s up with the DONGLE?!! The first Ping pump they went me refused to communicate with the computer at all, so they sent me a replacement. I am just getting steeled up to try it again. But lining up the stupid IR window on the pump with the dongle? By the time I get all set up, I could be going high from a lack of insulin lol

The Omnipod isn’t even available yet in Canada… not sure what the hold up is, other than our lovely bureaucracy :frowning:

I like your idea… you can accomplish 2 things - eliminate square boob syndrome and pump up the volume a little, as it were :wink: lol

For me the beeps are good and bad… I hate the beeps, but they keep me honest (i.e. testing when I should be)

I’m all for #6, and especially #1… maybe one of the (smart?) pump manufacturers could partner with Apple and they could release an iPump.

I didn’t know that. I had one of the waterproof ones before, but I didn’t really need it… but I’m not much of a swimmer either (a few cooler summers here since I got it, or I’m just a little more picky about water temperature than I used to be) . I’d just disconnect for the little while and re-hook back up.

That might be a bit hard to do, seeing as how a small company has a court forcing MicroSoft to either pay them for their patent on XML base that Windows Office uses, which could get Office taken off the market. Doubt the pup companies could d any better than MicroSoft has with the long battle over XML.

1. My one pump wish is pre-filled insulin cartridges. Why? Cut down air bubbles, and decrease other errors plus improve speed and experience with set changes.
  2. Animas Ping
  3. Paradigm 512, Omnipod
  4. 7 years
  5. One thing I really like about my pump is the screen
  6. I would change 2 things: match the great pump screen on the One Touch Ping meter and improve the clunky menus, should be easy to make it easier to navigate the menus, usability testing anyone?

Amen to #6!!

If I may ask, what prompted the change from Omnipod?

Now that’s a pump malfunction… and a bad one too (says she who has a talent for stating the obvious)

XML is royalty free and all of its rights are associated with the Word Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The statutes of the W3C guarantee that we all will have free access to these technologies. This means it is a great fundament for XML standards.

Microsoft is using a special technology to boost the speed of XML processing. This technology was patented by a small company and that is why they had to pay for its use. The problem is the triviality of the patent. These technologies were introduced with databases in the seventies. It is a joke that a little company pulled this of as an invention because it is clearly a case of prior art. So the patent should have never been granted but the Microsoft attorneys failed epically to prove this.

1. If I could have one pump wish, it would be…
    I have a couple : )
    To have my CGMS and pump communicate and to get a report showing hourly averages for BG, Carbs and insulin by day.
    To have the ability to make ANY bolus an extended or dual wave bolus, tired of having to back out of a correction bolus to get a combo bolus going, or extend out bolus delivery time.
    Have IOB on the home screen, it’s my most used info feature.

(2) The pump I currently use is…
Black Animas Ping

(3) Other pumps I’ve used before…
Animas IR1000
Cozmo w/ cozmoniter

(4) I’ve been pumping for (how long)…
10 years

(5) One thing I really like about my pump…
screen visability
Meter Remote

(6) One thing I don’t like very much about my pump…
Small font and visabilityon meter remote
No abilty to deliver insulin a bit slower unless I run a combo bolus, cozmo let me space it out from seconds up to 5 minutes, miss that.

1.) If I could have one pump wish it would be…for the pump and CGM to work together like in the artificial pancreas project, safely and effectively.

2.) I use the MM 722

3.) No other pumps used before.

4.) I have been pumping for 2 years.

5.) There isn’t just one thing I like about it. I like it all. It has given me a better quality of life.

6.) The one thing that I don’t like is that it does not keep a record of temporary basal rates. It would be helpful at the end of the day when logging down the boluses for the day to be able to go to a temporary basal history and be able to jot those down as well instead of relying on memory as to what the rate was and how long it was set for.

I hope it’s ok I’m going off topic a little…Do you like the Ping better than the Paradigm? I’m thinking of switching also.

i agree with all your answers, steven!
i don’t pump, i’m not a diabetic, but my 3 year old son is…

1. pump wish: To have an integrated and affordable CGM that would pretty much replace the need for a finger stick monitor…i just copy & pasted that puppy!

2. current pump: animas 2020 (we are switching to the animas ping in the next month or so).

3. previous pump: none

4. been pumping for: 1.5 years

5. i like: the fact that pump is waterproof. pumping with a 3 year old who lives for bubble baths and swimming pools, mud puddles and snow…this feature is AWESOME.

6. i don’t like: right now, that i don’t have the ping ‘accessory’. holding down ben (my son) to ‘pump him up’ can sometimes be a night mare. the idea of ‘zapping’ him from across the room…now that’s what i’m talking about!

an ipump! how AWESOME…who wants to pitch the idea to apple!!! pictures, tunes, a PHONE…why haven’t they thought about this already?? hahaha!!
i’ll pitch it, but someone else has to right it!

another thing i would love to be able to do…is just email or ‘text’ my info right from the pump. do some pumps already have this feature?

do you use lithium batteries??
we use them in our animas 2020…they last about 5-7 weeks…sometimes longer!!

elizabeth…you crack me up!!

Kelly, pumps are certainly a godsend for kids, I couldn’t imagine the anxiety kids in the past would have facing injections by their parents.

Question though - what pump accessory are you referring to? Is it different from the remote meter? I find the remote meter to have an irritatingly limited range, and hate the fact that I cannot leave the range without it cancelling the bolus.

I agree with you totally on the small font/visibility. I have tremendous difficulty with that. Love the visibility of the pump itself (that’s one of the reasons I got it), but do not like lack of visibility.

On a more shallow note, why couldn’t they have jazzed up the colour of the remote meter along with the pump… I chose the green because it looked less like a medical device to me… with the option of hiding it if I like, but if I have to pull out a dull grey meter with a boring (hard to read) screen to pump it up, well, hasn’t it lost some of the point? They make the Ultramini in the jazzy colours, why can’t they do the same?

Oh yeah, back to what’s important… and to make the screen bright like the pump. :wink: