If you’re new to the community, please introduce yourself!

Welcome!

Welcome ! Us LADA folks are hard to dx. I just went through similar issues (see above) and have been having a much better life now that I’ve been given insulin therapy. Hope things improve now that you are correctly diagnosed!

Thanks!

Hello.
I am new to be here. My families has a history of diabetes. I am afraid of it is heredity.

Hi, I’m Becky. I’ve been a type 1 diabetic for 20 years and I live in northern California. Im on an insulin pump, and I keep trying to get a cgm to actually work, but so far no luck. My last HbA1c was 6.7, but I’ve been trying really hard to get it under 6. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Hello everyone!

My name is Jeremy and I was diagnosed with Type 1 when I was 12 years old. That was 20 years ago (where has the time gone).

I have a daughter that is 2 years old that was diagnosed with type 1 a few months ago and that is the main reason for me joining this community.

I have read many great reviews and ideas from all age groups. I look forward to reading more great ideas and tips for diabetes with a young child!

Thanks!

Hi I’m Cyndi. I’ve been a diabetic for a few years now, but fell off the management wagon. At one point my A1C was 13.1. But I got it down to a 7.0, now it’s back up to an 8.5. I Have 2 adult children and 3 grandchildren. I’m on a goal to lose weight.my Dr prescribed Trulicity. I haven’t taken my first dose yet. Scared of all the bad reviews.

I’m a little overwhelmed with the instructions. It would probably help if I wasn’t trying to read them at 1:00 AM

Thank you for being here.

Hello,

My name is Ivan and I live in Croatia (Europe). I’ve had Type 1 for 26 years now. On insulin from day 1. Just bought Dexcom G5 so I’m here to see other people experiences :slight_smile:

Hi,

My name is Natalie and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 21. I am a police officer and try to live a healthy lifestyle

Welcome, @Natalie1993!

Hi! I’m Aidan, a mom and have had T1 for 24 years. I’m on the west coast of Canada and use an old, out of warranty Medtronic pump. Our provincial government has just offered to cover pump costs for all diabetics (“Yay!”), but only the Ominipod is covered (“boo” for not getting to chose your own favourite brand that works with your life). Great to meet ya!

Hi Aidan. Great to meet you too. I would keep an open mind about the Omnipod, most people that have one prefer it over a tubed pump.

Hi I am new here. I have been diabetic since 2006 I am looking forward to meeting people and learning more things about this disease.

I agree with you. I liked my Bayer meter better. The software was much more comprehensive as far as I can tell. The Accu Check is supposed to be a very accurate meter, meeting iso standards. Not sure about Bayer. I could get great charts on my computer with Bayer though.

Hello my name is Jenn. Just signed up today but been lurking for a week or so. I was just dx’d with type 1.5 in the middle of May. I don’t think my docs used the tests stated here to decide this, I think it’s more because I have a ton of autoimmune issues. Namely I have had crohn’s disease for 20 years. I also have Ankylosing Spondylitis (inflammatory arthritis) and Primary Sclerosing Colangitis (autoimmune liver disease). Within the last year also dx’d with Hidranitis supurtiva(HS) and IgA vasculitis.

I was told my sugars were high last December. I didn’t really pay attention (denial is a hell of a drug). TBH, was was getting monthly injections of steroids for the HS and though it was more due to steroids not to mention I’ve been off/on steroids for the last 20 years (at 80mgs/day at one point for a few months). Also complicating matters is that when I had the high BS I was going through a crohn’s flare, so just thought is was that. I had bad eyesight then, but again, attributed it to another flare. My eyesight normalized within a few weeks.

I was dx’d with diabetes based off a blood test I needed for surgery on my HS. I was at 400. My PCP then ordered a A1c and that was at 10.8. No wonder I felt horrid. Again, felt more like a crohn’s flare than something wrong with my sugars. The increasing bad eyesight I attributed left over issues with iritis (which also required steroids), yet after treatment, my eyesight didn’t return to normal like it has before.

I was put on Lantus and then Humalog for meals. I’m now at 38 units of Lantus at night and sliding scale for meals. It has taken over a month to get my sugars kind of under control. July 1, I was finally under 120 for morning sugars (first time since I started checking in May). My PCP didn’t give me a lot of instructions about the insulin, so I’ve been kind of on my own.

It has also been a struggle to get a decent meal plan, as what is good for crohn’s is bad for the diabetes, and vice versa. I’m trying hard to come to terms with the new diagnosis and learning all I can.

Hi!
New here. I just turned 40 and was diagnosed with LADA. I’m on a small dose of tresiba daily and I wear a Freestyle Libre. I seem to be doing okay most days,…I think, but I recently started experiencing hypo events. Mostly at night. I have been looking for local meet-ups or just about anyone who has had a similar experience to help me along the way. I have so many questions and I can’t find a single human who is nearby to talk to about this. I know the LADA diagnosis is less common, I feel like I will finally connect here on this forum.

Also it seems like every endo I have seen has their own ideas of how to treat me. For example, one doc instructed me to just take bulus before high carb meals… and another doc said to take a daily long acting such as tresiba. I did try to read real studies and decided on my own that the doctor with the long acting treatment plan seemed best for me. Hoping to hear from others that I made the right choice. I feel like I did, because I feel much better on a daily basis. I was basically a hot mess for the previous 10+ months. I experienced extreme exhaustion to slurring my words. No clue how I made it through the school year. I couldn’t even wake up in the morning! The very next day after aI took the long acting, I started to feel like my old self again. My mind was sharp and ready to do this!!! I am so glad that I listened to myself and when doctors told me the reason I felt so horrible was because 1) I work full time 2) I just turned 40, and 3) I have a toddler! My apologies for spelling errors & typos… it’s late and I’m typing on my cell.

Some of my questions include:

1. how do I sleep at night when my CGM records hypos?
  2. 6 weeks having LADA…6 weeks on 4 units of tresiba… a1c went from 6.1 to 5.8
    2a) .the c-peptidescwent from .9 to currently 2…in 6 weeks, is that normal?
  3. GAD test result was 4,000 ish… is that normal?

Thank you for listening if you read this.
Sincerely,
Laurie

Hi,
I’m Jaymie and I’m a mom of a 14 year old with type 1. Haven’t met anyone yet with a similar diagnosis story. He was caught before he was symptomatic at a well visit because the pediatrician tested his blood sugar so he could enroll in a healthy habits program. Long story short we spent a long time - like a year and a half - watching his numbers go from ok if he ate low-carb to insulin dependent. But it was a gentle slide down instead of being pushed over a cliff. No hospitalization! It’s hard being a mom of a teen already so diabetes on top of that makes me feel like I’m going crazy sometimes.

Hi, I am Alferd. I have been a type-1 diabetic since 1977. I have been happliy married to a wonderful woman for 30+ years. Our 20+ year-old child does not appear to be diabetic so far, although we continue to remind that it should be checked every so often. I am amazed to be alive and still working professionally. The changes in treatment for type-1 over these many years has also been awesome.

Hello there !
My name is Stéphane, French type-1 diabetic diagnosed in 2006 at the age of 33.
I totally assume my “geekness” when I manage my diabetes by using the Freestyle Libre, the Omnipod, and a dozen of iOS app :smiley:
I live in France with my wife and my step daughter and work in Germany, and on my free time I like to play metal riffs on my guitar, play cello and Magic the Gathering

Hello from Speedway Indiana

I have type 2 diabetes. I currently have an old out of warranty Medtronic pump. I am looking at the Tslim pump with the Dexcom cgm.