I'm late to the 670G Party, but

I actually felt like the whole design philosophy was rooted in the deep misgivings the medicos have always had about the fact that they have to let us dose ourselves with this dangerous stuff. So the message again and again is “this stuff is scary! are you sure you want to do that? I mean really really really sure?”

Maybe that’s a negative way of putting the idea that what it’s trying to do is make things easier by doing everything for you. But to me it felt like all the tools I’d normally use to fix things when they’re getting out of line were locked up and only the Algorithm had the key. Even in manual there are signs of this, where you have to click as much as 9 times to get to a final confirmation screen, where the default is always “NO.” F’r cripesake guys, I had to click and click and click to get here, couldn’t you assume from that that I MEANT to do whatever it was?

ETA:
Re the correction target of 150: it’s a little confusing because the standard algorithm target of 120 still remains in effect. So to clarify: on auto, the correction dose comes up as a recommendation if you enter a finger-stick BG over 150. It’s calculating that dose based on the 150 target, but once you hit 150 it’s not going to just leave you there; it’s still going to keep microbulsing to get you down to 120.