I'm pretty awesome

So, today is officially 21 days.
I have actually created a habit.

I have been walking/light jogging 5kms for 21 days.

I have gone out every single day. I’m not gonna play this down one bit - I’m really proud of myself.

It’s been a long haul for me, since I was in the hospital. I feel like I have been clawing my way out of a hole for a while now. A hole that seemed to get bigger some days - and other days I felt like I was literally a foot from the top.

Just in case you were wondering, I have lost 12 pounds. After the first 5 days my body starting getting rid of what it no longer needed to hold on to (wink wink) cough OLD poop cough. On day 7, it actually occurred to me that I may actually have been bloated this entire time and not know it. For the first time in my life I felt less puffy but only realized this because I was, I think, no longer retaining water. By the end of the 10th day my BS started lowering on it’s own, without the help of insulin. I had to cut back more then the suggested 10% for exercise AND I had to do it for all my meals, not just my breakfast meal (which is when I go out, in the morning).

On day 12 I had a Dr’s appointment, an appointment with a new Dr. and one I thought (but was hoping) wouldn’t be like my old ■■■■■■ Nurse practitioner. My nurse practitioner whose withheld insulin and medication from me. Anyway, I want to proudly announce that my blood pressure was 120/60. Yes. A strong 120/60 (I made her take it a bunch of times). I’m pretty sure the last time it was THAT AWESOME (you can clap, it’s okay and appreciated) was when I was 16.

I am fitting into smaller’ish clothes (understand things are falling off my body) and I have gained back a certain type of confidence that has long eluded me for quite some time.

There is only one problem or maybe it’s not a problem?

My period has been missing in action.

It’s been 43 days since my last one.

I don’t know if I’m pregnant (I’ve taken 2 negative tests- one last week & a second one yesterday) or just waiting for the “exercise hold back period” to come and take over my body with a slam.

Anyway, I have to get going… my walk starts soon.

<3

Congratulations! I need to get back into walking everyday and reading this inspires me. Keep up the hard work!