In your Dreams are you Diabetic?

I believe I have diabetes in my dreams, though I can’t remember any specific instance.

I would guess that this depends to a great extent on the age one was when they got diabetes: the younger one is at onset, the more likely to dream as a diabetic. But that’s just my theory…

Ditto to what Kelly said. I have had many of those throughout the years. Horrible, just horrible. I think I had the first one when I was 17, maybe a little younger. Once upon a time, I did ask my doctor about it. He did say that it is true, that some diabetics, will have night terrors when in a hypo state. (I don’t remember if I mentioned this, up in my first reply.)

Trisha

Mine aren’t in a hypo state though - mine happen with normal BS. They also started when i was a kid then went away after my late 20s & came back again 2 years ago.

Interesting. Since I had not been diagnosed yet at 17, I’ve no idea if I was in a hypo state or not. What is even more interesting, is that mine went away off and on, throughout my 20’s, … then made a huge comeback in my mid 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s (years this time - not Bg’s). I’ve only woken hubby up a few times, in the past 4 years. But in the 12 years prior to that, my screaming and crying, woke him up at least 3-4 nights a week. Hmmmmmm, I think we need to do research on ths. :slight_smile:
Trisha

When I’m dreaming I don’t really think of myself as a diabetic but if I’m low sometimes I’ll dream of myself passing out and from a low or stuff weird like that.

Hmmm, I am surprised I don’t dream anxiety type dreams about being diabetic, since I am worried about lows so often.

This is very interesting!! :slight_smile:

How interesting! I actually can’t recall being diabetic in any dreams that aren’t specifically focused on diabetes. …Meaning, I’ve had a few dreams about my BG being in the 1000s before! LOL.

Hi…

I will say one thing…I sure don’t dream as much as I use to. Must be an age thing (well, I know some of it is…). As long as I have had this, I can’t say that I ever actually dreamed that I was Diabetic. I think that I had better things to dream about…lol

lol this is going to sound VERY weird. I’m not diabetic in my dreams until my blood sugar actually goes low or high while I’m asleep. Then in my dream, my diabetic alert dog and meter will magically appear and I’ll check and treat. Of course checking and treating in my dream isn’t helping in real life…So either I wake up or get woken up by the alert dog.

Yes I am – or so I think. I’ve dreamed of hypos and testing my blood sugar - I’ve later found myself awake, wondering if I really tested or just dreamed that I did.

Man…which company handles YOUR dreams!!! Saddly, diabetes and I are one, even in dreamland…but oddly, so are other people who are NOT diabetic in real life! I guess I just want to make one big sweet family!

One way to find out if you have tested is to check the last entry on your monitor - I sometimes have that problem too. Another way I can tell is if I have a sweet taste in my mouth. Then I know that I must have hypoed in the middle of the night and taken some sugar on board, but quite often I am so much asleep or so low that I cannot remember what I have done. Process of elimination. Detective work is required! Lol.

Judith…my Mom was Type 1 Diabetic and she was a dancer like you. She said she had the best dreams, she was able to dance again as well. She frowned upon aging as well. Love you Sweet Lady. xo

Nope - but I have seriously wacked out dreams - like really sci-fi stuff. My husband is always telling me I need to write episodes for the fringe. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if I’m diabetic or not in my dreams, but I am usually good looking (in my DREAMS) Ha Ha

No I am never a diabetic in my dreams, but then again I don’t remember eating in them either, just doing things, weird things. LOL

Oh yes, Robyn. I had a dream once, at least I think it was a dream, where my pump malfunctioned and tried to strangle me.

LOL

Had a dream last night…Not Diabetic. But, I was cleaning out the rafters in my old house and found my Grandmothers 1940’s suitcase, filled with papers, old bank statements, etc. Looked inside and found a big envelope…It was packed with $100 bills!!! I am heading to my old house very soon, getting that suitcase!! I like that when I dream I am not diabetic…nice for a change, even if it is only a dream.

Let us know if your dream was prophetic Robyn…I’ll be right there :wink: