Inconsistent but frequent morning lows

For the past four months or so, I’ve been having lows in the morning after eating breakfast. Reviewing my records after I wore a CGM for five days, my diabetes educator said that she thinks that my pancreas is kicking out the little insulin it still produces then. It’s easy to see that my BGs are different in the morning. Instead of an irregular line up and down, it’s a smooth, clean line down to low. Every other time of the day has more irregular patterns.

I’m really frustrated with going low so often. The heck of it is that it doesn’t happen every day. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern.

My DE suggested that I bolus about 10-15 minutes before breakfast and that has helped a little.

Any other ideas? Because of the BG pattern, changing my basal or IC ratio for the morning doesn’t seem to be the answer.

Have any of you been through this? Do I just have to tough it out and keep fast-acting carbs handy?

By the way, right after the CGM, I had a C peptide test and I’m producing very little insulin.

Thanks,
Janet

Interesting, I have the same issue. Will try the injection a little more before the meal than I’ve been doing.

Glad to know that I’m not alone!

Same here I do a 1:15 ratio for breakfast and then I need 1:10 at lunch and dinner then one week of PMS I become very insulin resistant and that week I’ll do 1:10 every meal. Robin