Information about Stem Cell Therapy

I’m posting the link to this excellent website with information about Stem Cells.
http://www.isscr.org/public/index.htm

From November 12- 14th I was lucky to attend the International Symposium on Stem Cell Research at Buenos Aires , Argentina.

Loads of data I’ll sort out and post here for the community.

Videos explaining Stem Cells ABC

Thank you for posting. Great information.

thank you Domingo!

Thank you!

The first day of conference was about the ethics of Stem Cell research and I remember particularly a researcher from ISSCR mentioned they would prefer people asking them about therapies than surfing the Internet and landing on “dangerous sites” So here we go :slight_smile:
General E-mail Inquiries isscr@isscr.org

International Society for Stem Cell Research The ISSCR just created a Task Force on Unproven Therapies to: 1) develop a policy statement leading, for patients’ benefit, to a listing of asserted stem cell therapies that are unsupported by published scientific studies, and a listing of entities practicing unproven therapies; 2) develop a Web site as a resource for all in evaluating claims of benefit from unproven stem cell therapies.

Paul Goodwin
Excellent! There are too many quack medics offering useless and often dangerous ‘remedies’ for skin aging.
IMO this sort of just-for-profit pseudo-science will bring our whole field into disrepute if we don’t distance ourselves from it now.

Thank you for sharing. Wonderful information.

Stem Cell at a Glance

Let me know if you have doubts

Stem Cells at a Glance

What are the differences between embryonic, adult and induced pluripotent stem cells? Where do the experts expect the next medical application will be for stem cells? Do stem cells promote regeneration? How are cell types interacting? How can induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells revolutionize drug discovery? Can cell therapies be made into a viable business? How close are we to finding the right business model? Are investors interested in stem cells today? What is the political and ethical landscape like now that the Obama administration has taken over the White House?

This is the Episode 1 of the Stem Cell Review, aired on October 1st, 2009

Appendix 1: Patient Handbook on Stem Cell Therapies
The ISSCR receives many questions regarding clinical therapies using stem cells. In the Patient Handbook on Stem Cell Therapies we seek to address some of the important elements that underlie these questions and outline key criteria, warning signs, and things to ask when considering a stem cell therapy.
Patient Handbook on Stem Cell Therapies:
http://isscr.org/clinical_trans/pdfs/ISSCRPatientHandbook.pdf

Information from the National Institute of Health