Infusion sets are constantly failing even on new spots

Since my last reply, things seem to be more manageable. It’s going down (Still much slower than it used to) on brand new insulin and what I was using before. Only key changes from the beginning was moving the infusion set to the back of the arm. If anyone in a similar situation comes across this, that’s all I’ve been able to chalk it up to is everywhere but my arms not liking the infusion set and MAYBE I need a more aggressive change in basal. I wish I could remember if it always took a long time for the active insulin in my pump to go down or if that’s what it always did but the only other thing of note is I’ve been having to bolus in well before I eat to make sure and again a slow decline but it IS declining. Things will probably work out once my CGM has more detailed data that I’ll enter for the doctor to make the appropriate basal changes and pray that the infusion set issue will work itself out in time when my sides are not being used.

Thanks again for the support everyone. Hope this helps someone down the line.

I’m having similar issues although I don’t have any purple marks and the skin seems fine. I’ve been a type one for 47 years. I’ve been a med Tronic pump user for 22 years. Over the last two years I keep running into rashes of site failures. So I moved my sites from my stomach, to my back, to my upper buttocks, to my chest, to my back of leg. Everything but back of the leg was successful for a time. Now I have my girlfriend marking little x’s where my used sites are and not using that site for six months. I’m still running into issues. I believe I’ll need to change to multiple daily injections. I’ve made peace with this finally.
My Endo and my diabetic educator have proven themselves useless. I have reached out to Medtronic and gotten the sample sets without much improvement. I did like the old Mio’s but of course they changed those and I don’t like the new ones.
I’m trying a new window next month and a half I will see if that changes anything. Do you wanna mention that I’ve seen articles that state that the closer to the skin surface the better off the infusion set is as far as creating trauma. Here’s an article I found very helpful in identifying and suggesting treatments that might work. I hope it helps anyone with this problem. Infusion Set Failure - Diabetesnet.com

Interesting article, thanks.

I was surprised to read this:

“Quick-sets are especially prone to failure due to the pinch, twist, and pull motion used to disconnect and reconnect”

I had no issues with quick-sets, and used them for over 20 years with Medtronic pumps since 1990s. However I now use Tandem pump and Quick-sets are not an option. I have had more issues with sites since switch to Tandem Auto XCs, which is more similar to Mio.