My daughter’s infusion sites frequently fail. She changes them every 2 days, but often they only work effectively for a day and half or so. So for example if she changes her site on Monday morning, it’ll often fail in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
What I mean by failing is:
- Her BSs will start climbing up over a 3-4 hour period
- she’ll develop small ketones
- there will be a small, red bump where the cannula was which can be sore.
She uses Autosoft XC’s with 6mm cannula which go straight in.
Things we’ve tried:
- various others insertion sites including steel ones
- bolusing with a pen whenever possible to reduce the insulin going through the site
Any other ideas? Sites to try? Techniques?
Thanks so much,