Infusion sites

does anyone out there know why certain spots on your body are resistant to the infusion sites?
i have had several spots on my body where i put the infusion set and a few hours later i have really high sugar and ketone levels! why are certtain spots like that? i also found that my right side is better than my left for infusion sets? how strange… ive been pumping since jan 2011…

I don’t know the why of it, Mary Ann, but it definitely seems to be that people find the spot(s) that work best for them. I do know that for me, my first 1 1/2 to 2 months I had LOTS of infusion problems, and now I have less. I think it’s just that I’ve gotten better at putting the sets in. (I’m not great at the whole hand/eye thing). I have a lot less problems. But I also totally stopped using my stomach which always annoyed me (I felt it when I bent, my cat sits in my lap a lot, pants brush it, etc). I now prefer my hips and occasionally switch to thighs just to mix it up. So I don’t know if finding my “right spots” helped as
well. I hope you’re doing well in general and past the adjustment period too.

yea i pretty much past adjusting,i still dont like it though but im adapting,my Dr was really impressed with the last sugar readings! but these infusion sets probs are irratating,especially this past friday,i had to go to the ER room for moderate ketones cause of the spot the set was in,and happened today too…i need to brush up on different spots for the infusion sets…

Glad to hear your numbers are so much better, Mary Ann! Yeah, I found all the set problems irritating too; I hope you are able to reduce them soon.

thanks Zoe!

As someone already said, everyone finds their “spots”. I can use my upper thigh, but not on the outside, where it stings when the insulin goes in. I can use my bikni area and that is my favorite spot, but I need to rotate. I cannot use my stomach around the belly button. Within a day or so, it is red and irritated and hurts like crazy. …